Poll: How many EU timezoners would like to join a guild like PS (PvM, newbie-friendly, good aligned)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ecstatic, May 10, 2017.

Do you want the above described guild for EU/Asian players and US insomniacs/early birds?

1. Yes, and I play during the EU timerange and like to join.

60.0%
  2. Yes, but I dont play during the timerange you mentioned and STILL like to join.

20.0%
  3. Yes, but I wont be able to join... because of reasons.

20.0%
  1. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

WARNING - Please read this before: http://uorforum.com/threads/poll-ho...riendly-good-aligned.23723/page-2#post-226247

Hi people, this is BlackEye* speaking here, :cool:

I am thinking about establishing a friendly, good-aligned, PvM guild like PS for EU players and their respective US insomniacs or Asians.
    Maybe with a bit of Stormhold/KoS-style mixed in, i.e. including active PvP capabilities and anti-thieving lessons, etc.

Let me describe my vision:

The aim would be to form a community for a somewhat neglected timezone, that's honing their skills and likes challenges. Don't stay at the same level, try to improve. No carebearing, but guild support. Learn from mistakes and share your knowledge with fellow players. Don't expect donations, you will get all the advice needed to establish yourself. But you still have to earn it yourself by playing. On the other side, I won't expect any donations or taxes from guild members. It's all up to you how much you want to be involved. I want independent players that like their guild, but still criticize me and other people's decisions openly. If you want to support the guild with donations or tasks it's up to you, but I won't demand anything except some kind of loyalty (no spying for hostile groups (PKs and whatever), no griefing, no thieving except for guild events, no scamming, no cheating, don't use guild knowledge of events for your other hostile activities, seperate your evil-toons or thieves properly from the guild). ;)

Events I thought about:

- High difficulty PvM spots: dexxers as well as tamers grouped together. Guild runs on "group difficulty" bosses like Purveyors of Darkness or the Ancient Dragons.
    - AMIB and LVL7 runs with selective Templates (dexxer runs, tamer runs, thief/rogue runs, exotic templates --> Explo pot runs? Exotic pet runs? Wand-only runs? etc etc)
    - Champs and eventually Harrowers.
    - PvP ready squad maintained. You have 3 accounts, dedicate one for having a stand-by PvP toon to help out fellow players instantly. You don't have to be a pro, just be able to recall in and show solidarity when necessary.
    - Co-operative house security assesment. Let's do a group event of trying to loot/grief fellow members houses and check if everything is safe.
    - Exploration challenges: This world is huge and there are very unknown parts of it. Also quite unknown mechanics. I or fellow players will post challenges like "Try to reach spot XY and proof it with a Screenshot". Let's establish a real unique rune library with exotic spots that are supposed to be unreachable.
    - House placement advice and support.
    - RP-style events,e.g. Choose to be a cop or a criminal for a while - changing your normal gamestyle - be the police in Ocllo for a week or a filthy thief the next week.

*PS: This is BlackEye here. In case you didn't know already. I am not any of the "Name + BlackEyes" ingame and I am not Silas BlackEye too. I haven't stolen or house looted people since one month roughly and would retire from it once a guild is established and I am the GM. I would only start with it again, when I quit as GM or the guild is disbanded. I will try to switch to my BlackEye forum account again, as soon as it is possible again. I sadly had some misunderstandings with the honorable Staff here, which hopefully will be solved soon. UO:R 4 life, yooo!

PPS: The poll is somewhat limited, I have no "NO" option, because I am only interested in the amount of people that would like to join and are positive about it. I don't really care about haters, or simply people that don't trust me enough, or whatever. I am well aware that my reputation as thief might be troublesome, but most EU-time players should know my other toons by now and know that thieving is just a fraction of what I do.

Thumbs up.jpg
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Reserved.
  3. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

Sounds good mate. Im in.
  4. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Great.

Oh and if anybody of you want to do pre-guild creation stuff together, just PM me in IRC: BlackEye.
    Valrick likes this.
  5. Alco

Alco Active Member

I could do that, been thinking exactly same thing lately. :)
  6. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

I play EU time, could join in with a pvm char
  7. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

8. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

EU player and newb here - i'd like to join. Especially curious about pvp practice :)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  9. Namarra

Namarra Active Member
    UO:R Donor

10. Cherry

Cherry Active Member

what is with me? sorry did understand only half from what he wrote :/ to much for me ^^
  11. Namarra

Namarra Active Member

@Ecstatic maybe you could message Cherry in German with the details? Maybe she'll be interested. :)
  12. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

I can't play all that often and when I can it's only in EU timerange about half the time, but the activities you're talking about sound fun and useful.
  13. Cherry

Cherry Active Member

i used google translater but is to stupid the translating... more confused now ^^
    but is no problem for me, playing since one month now, most time allone, server is nearly clear to my time, all ok ^^
  14. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

Yes, and I play during the EU timerange and like to join.
    One likes this.
  15. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Great idea!
    One likes this.
  16. Marius

Marius New Member

I play in eu timezone and would love to join a newbie friendly guild.
  17. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Ok ok, I think that is enough potential to just try it out! Right? I am creating the guild now and placing the stone in a somewhat convenient spot. Just PM me in IRC, if you want to join the guild and we can meet.

I am excited, I hope we will have some fun together or at least get to know each other a bit more. EU times are lonely times. ;)

Edit: Ok, for now, the guild stone is behind Ocllo Stables at my sandstone for easy access. The guild name for now is 'Everybodies Darling'. This is not fixed or something, just a dummy name for now. If you guys like it, it can stay (I like the EVE abbreviation), or just post some ideas and we see what is liked most. Or maybe later, in another thread.
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  18. Cherry

Cherry Active Member

Guilname you mean really? ^^
  19. Alco

Alco Active Member

awesome, will pm you later today! :)
  20. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Btw, I am collecting suggestions for guild names, I already got two dozen.

I still like 'Everybodies Darling'. It's called irony. :(

I am ingame people, if you want to join or play as group, just PM me in IRC: BlackEye.
    One and RavenMagi like this.