Pop Up Harrower!!!!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Joshius, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Joshius

Joshius Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PUBLIC HARROWER
    Sunday, August 30th (TONIGHT)

6PM EST / 5PM CST / 3PM PST

Meet in Skara 30 minutes prior

STAY OFF THIS GATE SPOT MARKED WITH CLOTH! This will ensure the gate spot from the Harrower location wont be blocked.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. Carm

Carm Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Some tips to think of for this event. This will not be a definitive guide just some things that I think will be helpful for those who haven't done a harrower.

First, read this post to get an idea of what to expect: http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-champion-spawns-and-the-harrower.3026/

1. Refresh pots - bring tons to escape if you get sucked in, to move through people as we exit the different phases, whatever you feel. I will bring 10-15 but it's a personal preference

2. Know when to pull pets at the end of phase 1 - Waiting too long to pull pets will not end well for you, once those tentacles pop they start draining and will kill pets fast. Someone in Voice will be trying to call out remaining health of the harrower. I will begin gating at about 15k health remaining and will continue to gate until it's almost dead.
    If you can't get to my gate (north of where the Harrower is placed) have a backup plan to get your pets out.

Note: I will try to position Damneus (my tamer) north of the group of pets to begin gating to another part of the Dungeon, 1 screen away or so (as possible)

3. Have enter moongate hotkeyed! It's best to record yourself double clicking a moongate, change the gate to dblclkbytype and assign a hotkey to it. I believe you can also force a range check on this (you'll want to be within 2 tiles of the gate). This will be extremely helpful as the masses begin moving

4. Bring meteor swarm scrolls or excess regs for that spell (explode pots also help). Essentially anything ranged outside of the life drain radius. Once we move to phase 2 we'll want to get those tentacles down fast to make phase 3 easier

5. Ideally, bring a rune to mark for where we put pets. I will make every effort to start gating back to the pet location once the tentacles are dead but things may be crazy, so again, think of how to get your pets back on the harrower.

6. Don't get frustrated if this doesn't go smooth, some of us all still learning together and there will always be a difference on execution. I think the biggest thing here is to try and have fun and get comfortable doing these so we can continue doing them as a server.

If anyone has other tips or trick, feel free to share them, more knowledge will make people more comfortable doing this boss.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    RavenMagi likes this.
  3. Tuneful

Tuneful Well-Known Member

Make sure your in range of the Harrower at the end to be eligable for your plat...you want to be just close enough so the Harrowers health bar is lit up..You could invis aswell incase any thiefs...Just recall out once you plat(leave your pets behind)..Bank plat and recall back in for your pets shouting CHOO CHOO (if you followed Carms advice of bringing a blank rune you should have a spot in the dungeon marked to recall back in))
  4. Carm

Carm Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks to all that came out, was ugly but the harrower ended up dying. Thanks to some donations from wonderful folks we have extra plat for those that went but were unable to get enough damage to plat. Please reach out to me here on in Discord and I'll get ya some from the donation pile. Plan is any that isn't distributed probably by the next weekend will get rolled to the next harrower event.

Choo Choo!