Problem with IRC Connection

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Gambriel, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Gambriel

Gambriel New Member

Hi. I don't know if this would go here since it isn't exactly an ingame issue, but well. I've been having trouble connecting to the IRC web chat. I downloaded the mIRC program but it has the same problem.

This is what I get everytime:

I searched a couple of hours in google looking for a solution, since I'm new to the game and being able to connect to the chat could be really useful (Specially after loosing al my mining day's work, like 20k, for logging off and leaving my pack horse behind :/).

Does anyone know what I could do? Theres one time that on top of that quote it said error 100053.

Thank you for reading.
  2. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't see anything error-wise in there... are you doing the disconnecting? If you are, then its working as expected -- just type '/j #UOR' after you connect.
  3. Gambriel

Gambriel New Member

It ain't me. In the browser it keeps doing that.

And in the program mIRC at disconecting it says:

* [10053] Software caused connection abort.
    -
    * Disconected
    -
    * Connect retry #1 irc.chat4all.org (6667)

And starts again....
  4. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

The line "No ident response; username prefixed with ~" makes me think there may be something blocking your connection...a router or security software perhaps? Also, you can try connecting with a stand-alone program like mIRC or IceChat.
  5. corruption

Nah, ident is a daemon that is pretty well deprecated except in the case of IRC. At one point, it was used to confirm that the user was who they claimed they were, when all clients were run from a commandline -- mostly unix based. Its still in use, but the only thing it does is either append or not append a ~ to the username in the hostmask.

This is a bit more telling... That makes it seem like the problem is on your side, and is connection-related. Perhaps a firewall blocking port 6667. You might try a different port; 6666, 6667, 6668, 6669 or 7000 -- however, that alone may not solve it. Report back if that helps.
  6. Gambriel

Gambriel New Member

I have mIRC. No luck with the ports, tried them and far more but the same error appears. Already tried closing the norton firewall, and added all kinds of exceptions on the antivirus to the mIRC exe and foldier.
  7. corruption

Do you have a firewall enabled on your router? That may be the cause of the block. At this point, I'm really just reaching; but the connection is being closed on your end from the appearances of it. The MOTD you pasted initially shows you're getting contact to the server, so its not a routing issue -- but that makes it equally unlikely its a firewall issue.

Alternatively, your host may be banned from the irc server, if someone on the same host as you had spammed the network or done some other harmful activity.
  8. Gambriel

Gambriel New Member

Okey yes, it must be something on my end. I got that conclusion from searching the internet but haven't found a solution. It probably is something from the ISP, but nevermid.

Itried everything but it wasn't ment to be. I was pretty exited about being a crafter, mining and all that, but after loosing that 20k in the pack horse for logging off, thinking it logged of with you, I lost the energy. Was hoping to find some help on that chat.

Thanks for everything.
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Just think of the person that found that pack horse and got that 20k. It must have been like Christmas morning for them. And you made it happen. You're a modern day pedestrian Santa Claus and you don't even know it!