Project Sanctuary Public Champions are over

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by MikeK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Champ_06.jpg Champ_10.jpg Champ_13.jpg Champ_08.jpg Champ_07.jpg Champ_09.jpg Champ_11.jpg

UPDATE:
    UPDATE: Project Sanctuary Champs is over. We may restart these at a later time, hopefully. #PSChamps was great for 3 days. We did 8 champs, got a TON of new and old players involved and it was a lot of fun. We were 2 skulls away from 2 harrowers.

The reason PS Champs is over is because TT/SL have repeatedly pk'd, griefed, and stolen platinum. They've also threatened to destroy and grief any PS Public spawns, because I said they are no longer welcome at PS Public Champ spawns for their actions.

In addition, PS members are now on their kill list, and so am I.

I am not willing to arrange PS champs for new players only to have them get pk'd and griefed.

Some of the many threats I've received.

[18:45] <Balla> im not a troll, but you will die on site now.
    [18:45] <Hawkeye> yea thx guys that 5 plat was the most Ive made in weeks :)
    [18:45] <Balla> :)
    [18:45] <Balla> and your newbies.
    [18:46] <Balla> Not a good idea having the most organized pvp guild on the server on your asses.
    [18:46] <Balla> Good day.

18:44] <Kane> youll be the ones needing the luck
    [18:44] <Punt> bart was
    [18:44] <Drakhath> you just decleared your own deaths
    [18:44] <Drakhath> thank you

01:31] <Kane> It is with regret i must inform you that i will not subject myself to ridicule and idle threats without retaliation. so long as people like bart, iago, dr sassy and other bitter noobs attend your spawns i and all who will follow me will raid them.

1[20:15] <[P^S]MikeK> Drak this is good for the server, can you just have this be neutral ground?
    [20:15] <Drakhath> pking will happen
    01[20:15] <[P^S]MikeK> geez
    01[20:15] <[P^S]MikeK> its the same thing as PS
    01[20:15] <[P^S]MikeK> yea you could pk all of us
    [20:15] <Drakhath> I said you were lucky we didn't get all of you

Everybody has enemies on this server. I was hoping that for the good of the server, we could all establish neutral ground and work together to give new and old players access to a very fun and rewarding part of the game. UOR is not a big server, and it's difficult to get people for champs. Even the big guilds on UOR have difficulty getting enough numbers.

My post here will definitely result in me being killed and griefed. On the other hand, I'm passionate about UOR and I'm going to communicate what has gone well, what hasn't, and why those occurred. Hopefully people can build from this experience and make more successful events.

I'm expecting a multitude of responses, including disrespectful comments and personal attacks. I am not getting involved in any of that, and will not be responding further in this thread. This is what I saw, heard, and I stand by everything I've said here. Thank you for your time.

Greetings all,

Project Sanctuary will be pushing a new effort on the server. We will be doing public champion spawns, with the purpose of having fun, making friends, making gold/platinum, and contributing skulls for PS public harrowers! Both new players and veterans love doing champions, so why not?

These public champions will be especially great for new players, as access to champions is not easy on the server. Often times there are simply not enough numbers among friends or within individual guilds. With that being said, if we all work together we should have no problem! We hope to be able to run at least one champion a day.

Anyone is welcome! Anyone can organize! Anyone can help at any time!

You all are the key to this being a success. Let's do it!

The channel for PS Public Champions will be #PSChamps.

I have been in touch with many guilds on the server, and everyone I've contacted has said they are willing to have these champions be neutral ground. Thank you to everyone for being willing to do this!

For people who are new to champs, or would like a refresher, please read this excellent guide. Champion Guide

rules.jpg
    RULES: Because of the public nature of the event, there must be rules established for all to enjoy the event. These are rules taken from the Project Sanctuary charter, please respect them. They are listed below:

1. NO PKING at PS public spawns
    2. NO STEALING at PS public spawns
    3. NO DRAMA at PS public spawns
    4. NEUTRAL GROUND UNTIL ALL LOOT FROM CHAMPIONS' DEATH IS PICKED UP

Breaking these rules will result in you being removed from the channel and not being welcome at PS champ spawns. However, EVERY effort will be made to defuse any miscommunications or issues.

If you have ANY issues with anybody or anything that occurred, please PM MikeK or [P^S]MikeK on IRC. I am also available by pm on this forum.

Help me make public champ spawns and UOR amazing, thank you all!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Zen, Roguish, Brymstone and 14 others like this.
  2. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

After being gone for the past 2 weeks, I am delighted and encouraged to see that this is being done. I look forward to being back in game with you all soon.

Thank you Mike for heading up the PS events in my absence! Very appreciative that you are a part of this server and of the guild.

See you all soon.

~Krake
    MikeK, Roguish and Arawn like this.
  3. Bixby Legbone

Bixby Legbone Well-Known Member

This seems like a great idea!
    MikeK likes this.
  4. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Starting Thursday, I'm going to run champions and get momentum going. Come join in!
    Jupiter, Heretic and Lord Krake like this.
  5. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I'm in!
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

This is an awesome ideal! Great for the new comers and hopefully they can get some safe farming!
    MikeK likes this.
  7. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

We did 2 barracoons today. Thanks everyone for coming out! I'll post better pics next time. It did get a little messy at times, but this is our first day. Thanks for the support and patience!

Val_7-9_19.40-1.jpg
  8. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Choo Choo! - Long live UOR
  9. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Jupiter suggested I add a disclaimer, which I agree with. Addendum to my original post. It is pretty straightforward. This is simply stating PS will do its best, but we are not perfect and cannot be held responsible for everything that happens.

- PS is in no way responsible for your level of satisfaction with the adventure. However, we will do our best to ensure that your experience is a pleasant one.

- PS is in no way responsible for valuable items while you are at the event. You are hereby advised to only bring equipment you are ok to lose.

- PS is in no way responsible for your personal safety. We will do our best to address threats through diplomatic means. Please be patient, we are all in this together.

- PS is in no way responsible for "fair" or "equal" dismemberment of 'mad lewtz' collected in the course of the adventure. But please try to be classy. Thank you.

- PS does not in anyway exact revenge or retribution against any who may interfere with our quests. We will seek to resolve issues through diplomatic means.

Jupiter likes this.
  10. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I attended this tonight and I thought it was fantastic and I really liked how you were able to progress the champ spawn. I never attempted to take on a champ spawn because it does take quite a commitment to power through all the stages.

I wonder if those who come on their reds who have agreed to support these could be listed? I can't help it, but when I see a red name I go into defense mode. I attacked Science Warlord several times before I was told he was with us.

Thanks for taking this on!
    Basoosh and MikeK like this.
  11. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

those champ fights happen spontaniously or is there any schedule?
  12. Jupiter

Mike is going to try and schedule them. I believe he's going to use this thread to announce. It might be an every Thursday kind of thing.
  13. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

you guys are brilliant!

any chance a European player participate these as well?
    MikeK and Jupiter like this.
  14. Jupiter

We should ask @mikek85 to schedule these occasionally on Saturdays around 9-10 am est. That could help?

But I think his first focus is to reach at least 3 consistent events though. So far, he's on track with 1 in a row. This is new ground for him and it is a bigger endeavor than most would think.
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Seconded! When a trio of red TT members come storming into a champion spawn all at once, they are usually gunning for our heads.

Was good to see a lot of new folks out there. Good job, Mike.
    Punt and Jupiter like this.
  16. Bubbius

Bubbius New Member

Thanks for organizing and sorry for attacking some reds, my razor macros will be adjusted prior to next time!
  17. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Haha, when we came running in we were commenting you were probably doing something similar to this when you first saw us.
    [​IMG]
  18. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Guys, I updated the thread. I'm going to ask that people not bring their red characters. It gets very confusing and messy with red characters involved. If you bring a red character, your safety is not guaranteed. Bring red chars at your own risk.
  19. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Today PSChamps did a Semidar, Mephistis, and a Neira! Thanks for all the help and cooperation, I saw people from across all factions working together! Long live UOR!

MikeT_7-11_19.56-1.jpg

MikeT_7-11_20.19.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Basoosh likes this.
  20. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Guys, I schedule these when I'm on but they also start organically. Just people in thread who want to start one, only need 3-4 people to start champs.

ALSO, I am ONLY 1 Oaks and 2 Rikkitor skulls from 2 HARROWERS.
    Jupiter likes this.