Project Sanctuary Quest [public]

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Lord Krake, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Greetings UO:R!

Project Sanctuary is inviting you all to an epic quest we will be running!

Saturday, March 5th, starting around 6pm central time.

If you haven't been on one of these with us, please consider coming along.

If you haven't read and signed the Adventure Roster, please do it, so you know what to expect, and we know who to contact!

http://uorforum.com/threads/project-sanctuary-adventure-roster.14229/

Plan on a solid 2 hours for this quest, maybe more.

Usually with these there is a mix of role playing, puzzle solving, and custom boss killing!

Rewards?! Yes. And worth while.

Hope to see you all for it. Please sign the roster.

2 hours before the start of the quest I will make the IRC channel #PSQuest. Join up for details.

with great regard,

~Krake
    Taschen, Basoosh, Zyler and 6 others like this.
  2. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! I'm about to quest Saturday, and I know I'll like it!
    Lord Krake and Alice Asteroid like this.
  3. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

It's gonna be 9pm of a Saturday night here in Brazil, but I'm postponing night out plans to attend the quest! Yes, that's how good they are.
    Lyta, Dr Satan and Lord Krake like this.
  4. Lord Krake

Bump. Tomorrow night.
  5. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I wish i could make it - the last one looked like a lot of fun.
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

fun bumpity
    Lord Krake likes this.
  7. Lord Krake

8. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wonder if this invasion was an anticipation of what's about to happen... *goosebumps*
    MikeK and Lord Krake like this.
  9. Tsarkon

Tsarkon Active Member

Are bards effective for this? It's really my only fleshed-out char, and I don't want to get screwed over like I did with Valentine's Day.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

It all depends whether a dozen tamers show up, spamming 'all kill' all over the place. Yesterday, the mobs died faster than it would make sense to bard them.
  11. Lord Krake

1 Hour, Bump.

GET HYPED
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

13. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

Nice. My death shot.
    MikeK, Lord Krake and BlackEye like this.
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Your noble sacrifice shot.
    MikeK, Lord Krake, Kane and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

That was a great quest, thanks for the fun!
  16. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great event. Here is a short recap:

First, your typical rag tag group of adventures prepared to die a meaninglessfull dead gathered on one of Project Sanctury's roofs for adventure, fame, and drinks!
    Well, the tale of dark creatures made of wood magically altered by metal from an evil meteor (!sic Maniac Manson) was spread among these fearless adventurers. All of Sosaria was obviously in danger! And only someone as knowledgable as the extremely mysterious and equally mad excentric operator of the Moonglow Telescope might have seen where the meteor went down.

PSQuest1.jpg

Upon questioning her she told us all she knew. Well, she wanted to, at least: A kind of darkness had settled upon her mind and vision and to restore her vision, the rays of the Lighthouse in the Lost Lands had to be collected. Faster said than done, but we finally returned with a dozen magically lit hand lanterns.

PSQuest2.jpg

Indeed, she had observed the meteor, but this extremely frightening sight as well as it's evil demonical powers were confusing her mind up to the point that she ran away from our heroic group. She finally collapsed at the Moonglow docks in agony and pain. A wise healer had the idea, to bring her to one of the holy shrines of the land, but an agent of evil - a saboteur of the worst kind - sneaked between the heroes and opened a portal to the Chaos shrine. On the edge of chaos-caused crazieness, a mindful mage openen the portal to the Spritiuality shrine were she was restored.

Finally, she was able to tell her findings: The meteor had hit an elder tree deep within the halls of Destard dungeon! The tree mutated into a demonic being, Wormwood! The shadow wyrms and mighty dragons of Destard fled in panic and roots of evil spread across the cave.

PSQuest3.jpg

"For I do not know what awaits you.", were the last words we heard as we hastily entered the portal to Destard. Battle-hungry we swarmed into the huge halls. This recklesness demanded its tribute soon...

PSQuest4.jpg

---

Epilogue: All-mighty though very monotonously speaking dragon masters appeared soon afterwards. They spread destruction among the offspring of Wormwood and sadly upon a great fraction of the fine adventurers too. Indeed, some of these dragon masters seemed to have very ill intensions and a disturbing attraction to the shiny coins the trees were dropping. Even slaughtering of brave adventurers and dry looting was reported. A warning to these demonic beings: Your deeds will not be forgotten and the curse you try to spread will certainly devour you.

A memorial to all the fallen warriors can be found in Hidden Valley (among many other memories).

PSQuest.jpg
    One, Jupiter, MikeK and 9 others like this.
  17. Lord Krake

Thanks @BlackEye for your rendition of the quest! You were almost exact on the details!

Just as a clarification, for those who were following the story, the thing that fell from the Heavens was in fact Wormwood ( as opposed to the thing hitting an elder tree). Wormwood burrowed in Destard level 2 and infected the whole dungeon.

Thats the only detail that ya missed man! And we have close to 25 players by time we got to the Telescope (end of phase 1) ! So I can understand if some of the RP got lost in translation.

By the end of the quest, when we fought Wormwood, we had 80 players participate! Holy cow. And yes, like any large gathering, there was some drama, but for those who signed the Adventure Roster, I assume you knew what you were getting into :)

Either way, I hope the experience was worthwhile.

The end of the entire story-line was that Krake had found a node of seeds on Wormwood. The group went back to Paws and the Spirit Shrine to cleanse them, just as they had cleansed the darkness from Atma (the astronomer girl). With the seeds cleansed, they traveled back to PS Lands. The adventurers then planted these other worldly seeds in the soil. What sprung up was beauty that few have seen, and now is spreading across the lands of Project Sanctuary.

AGAIN, thank you ALL for committing to this and making it a great experience for most, and the mist highly attended PS quest to date. You rock, UOR.

Here are some of my favorite screen shot. @Keza will be making a video soon. And I wanna make sure @Jupiter sees this, as Paws was instrumental last night.

WW1.jpg WW2.jpg WW3.jpg WW4.jpg WW5.jpg WW6.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Jupiter, Basoosh, MikeK and 4 others like this.
  18. Isabella

Isabella Active Member

very fun, can't wait for the next one!! Thanks!
    MikeK and Lord Krake like this.
  19. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Unfortunately i was late for the start.
    I wanted to go to bed in the first place but decided to join you guys later on.

I was qiute suprised by the number of people showing up, and it was fun to see the end of it (pink trees :))

Thanks again for hosting and supporting, it was an awesome event.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  20. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The Fall of Wormwood

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

Tol, Mes, Heretic and 2 others like this.