pros/cons of 100dex100str vs. 90 of each and more mana

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blakheart, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Blakheart

Blakheart New Member
    UO:R Subscriber

for an archer/kryss build. Using gm magery mainly for healing, not into pvp. Is there a large enough bonus to speed and damage to need to be 100? I know 90 str is only 95 hp...but is the 5 less hitpoints as valuable as an extra 10 mana? Same with dex..is 90 worth another 10 mana? Are there bonuses to damage and swingspeed that only kick in at 100....or do the bonuses just work for a bit less at 90? Does this question even make sense lol? Basically for arch/fence/mage pvm build...100/100/25 or 90/90/45

Thanks for any input.

jeff

p.s. on osi had my mage only to 72 , so he could get into Wind. I may do that here and use the extra 28 skill in something like eval or med....better than none at all I guess. Thoughts?
  2. AlhaZred

AlhaZred New Member

i'm building something similar and set up the stats at 80 str 90 dex and 55 int. that way mindblast only does 17 damage and i have enough mana to cast any spell once ( no med in the build) before having to wait for a very slow passive mana recovery. alot of monsters use mindblast but really if you want to experiment once you get your skills to 700 it would be easy to manipulate the stats to find a set up you like.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I personally went 100/100/25 on my PvM dexer. (though mine is also a bard, so I'm usually not taking damage)
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Intelligence not only influences the amount of mana you can store, but also the rate at which you regenerate it. And every 2 points in DEX has a 1% improvement in swing speed.

But even with those things considered, I still favor 100/100/25 for any character that spends any time at all killing monsters.
  5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

If your making a dexxer, I recommend 100 in dexterity.

Strength:
    -Provides a slight damage boost to melee (I mean like 1 pt every 10 str)
    -Determines your Max HP. (60str = 80HP 70str = 85hp 80str = 90 hp 90str = 95hp 100str = 100hp)
    -Determines you MAX carrying capacity. (Im not sure of the breaks here.)

Dexterity:
    -Determines your swingspeed. More dex = faster swing
    -Determines your stamina pool (1:1 Ratio)
    -Determines how fast your bandages finish (more dex = faster bandages)

Intelligence:
    -Determines your base mana (1:1 Ratio)
    -Determines your base mana REGEN (a toon with 0 med and 100 int with passively regen faster than a toon with 0 med and 40int)
    *I believe it increases something to the tune of 1 mana per 100th of a second per 10 Int (Max one mana per 10 secs at 0med and 100 int)
    -Provides a SLIGHT increase to spell damage (like 1 per 20 int or something

In short I believe, if your swinging a weapon and healing with bandages you want 100 dex. Then if your not PvPing, take your Str only as high as you feel comfortable carrying loot. (80 str = about 10k gold + loot and Gear) The rest should go to Int for base mana pool and regen.

if you really want to summon Daemons and rez with Magery, 70str / 100dex / 55int will do FINE. ;)
    Otherwise 80str / 100dex / 45int still allows you to gate and provides a more solid foundation vs PK's.

My Main PvP hybrid has 60str, 80dex, and 85int. He does fine. :)
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Mind Blast will always be an issue when fighting casting mobs, unless you're a bard. I tend to go no lower than 45 Int on any warrior. The minor differences in swing speed and heal times, make no serious negative impact on the success.

I will never run lower than 100Str on my LJ or any Macer. My fencer isn't about big damage so dropping to 80-90 Str only impedes how much loot I can hold really.

For refrences:
    Nox Fencer PvM/PvP ready
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/44545
    Lumberjack PvM/PvP ready
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/41980
    Scribe Macer PvM/PvP ready
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/4858
    Parry Macer PvM(almost exclusively)
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/7713
    Discord Swordsman PvM only
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/46490
  7. Lando

Lando Member

On pure dexers, including LJs and macers, I've always gone with 90 str/90 dex/45 int.

What Blaise says makes sense regarding harder hits with axes and macing weapons, but I've always liked the increased swing speed+healing.

I may have to try out the 100/70/55 build though down the road, because I've never considered going that route.

Thanks for the input!
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

There's just no way I was going to put the hours into building that LJ, without seeing the biggest numbers I could get pop over my target's heads.
    A 90/90/45 build would be great still I'm sure, and you're 110/110 with pots....just not 120str. :)
  9. Lando

Lando Member

I'm at 85 LJ....chopping trees for hours, and hours, and hours is so much fun!
    Blaise likes this.