Provo/Lumberjack Fighter?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Goose, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Goose

Goose Member

Just curious? Would this build be worth it, kinda like a provo dexer?

GM:

Music
    Provo
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Swords
    Tactics
    Lumberjack

100 STR
    100 DEX
    25 INT

Not sure i really want to put in the effort (or more likely have the time) to get the lumberjacking up but i'm curious if this build would work well?

Does anyone know approx how long it would take to GM lumber from 50? Would likely start with 50 Healing and 50 Lumber since the rest is fairly easy and quick to GM

Thanks in advance
    Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  2. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is what I use to iron man.... everything. Its extremely effective yes. Get a collection of slayers going, and instruments, and you will be a monster.

You have to play VERY defensively against magic using mobs, due to the lack of resist, but even that isn't a big deal. Saving up for an ethereal mount is a great idea too, as when you DO take that explo/mind blast combo followed by a flamestrike, you will still have a horse after resing.

PS: lumberjack is actually pretty easy. Spar with another of your accounts using a hatchet to get into the 70s or so, then take a pack horse out and chop trees. Once you start getting oak, use the oak map and just focus on oak trees. You will have a bunch of wood to sell when done, and if you put in a few hours a day, you can be GM in as little as a couple days.
  3. Goose

Goose Member

Ok. Thanks for the advise. Doesn't sound that bad for lumberjacking.

Thanks NCCML
  4. Goose

Goose Member

Just curious. You mentioned chopping oak once you start getting it. Is that just because it is worth more or are the skill gains better?
  5. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Gains are better. It requires higher skill to harvest, so you tend to gain faster with oak. Thats been my perception anyway.
  6. Goose

Goose Member

Right on.

Thanks
  7. Garreet the wise

Garreet the wise New Member

Where and how do I sell wood to?