Provo/tamer template advice sought

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Azerothian, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

ETA: Thanks for the advice everyone! Templates have never been my strong suit. This is what I have now:
    [​IMG]
    Off to use Kirby's boats to GM provo!

Original post:
    I am working on my tamer's template and I want to add provo and healing. I currently have 6 x gm and 4 skills in flux / being macroed.

GM:
    Animal Lore. Duh. Tamer. ;-p
    Animal Taming. Duh. Tamer. ;-p
    Veterinary. Duh. Tamer. ;-p
    Magery. For Heals (for pets and party members) and resses (for party members).
    Meditation. Ditto.
    Musicianship. For Provocation.

Other skills:
    52.6 Healing (marked up - want GM to bandage self when soloing).
    20.3 Provocation (marked up - want GM).
    12.1 Resist (marked down - was GM).
    15.0 Wrestling (left over from the 700).

All skills listed as 'Show Real'. I can't decide what to drop. Can anyone help/advise/suggest?

Yes, I still only have the one tamer.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Leopold likes this.
  2. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I would keep/make Magery, Med, Provo all gm to go with gm tame/lore/vet/music.

You will value gm med a lot, you will be made of glass, but also a super powerful template. It's arguably the most powerful pvm build. And it is easily the most favorable build for a majority of the champs on a single char being used.

I enjoy running 88str 86int 51dex for quick vets. You may not have resist, but at least mindblast won't hurt much. Think that gives 94hp as well, tho you can still die in three spells.
    Leopold, Azerothian and Ahirman like this.
  3. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

You cannot fit provo with healing and have taming. Healing also requires anatomy to heal damage. The Magery will cover ya well enough for survival though.

Vet and animal lore is all ya need to heal pets and Magery thrown in with med is more healing potential for your pets also.
    Leopold and Azerothian like this.
  4. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thanks Doc.
  5. Romru

Romru Member

I agree with Dr. Satan's build advice. Assuming you want to be using dragons ect and want med and healing I think you are looking at or something equally rough:

GM Lore
    GM Taming
    GM music
    GM provoke
    80 Vet
    80 Magery
    80 Healing
    60 Med

What is the idea with healing? Without Anatomy not sure how the heals will be. If you really want it you could drop meditation for ant I guess. For me on my provoke tamer I do not have med because I found I rarely was casting spells. Just provoke and heal dragons and done. No regs used. I took resist as my other skill.
    Azerothian likes this.