P'S Hosted Neira Champion Spawn - Saturday May 11th at 3PM EST (2PM CST, 21:00 CEST)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Leopold, May 6, 2019.

1. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Project Sanctuary invites you to help us take on the Unholy Terror (Neira) Champion Spawn this coming Saturday, May 11th, 2019 starting at 3PM EST (2PM CST, 21:00 Central European Standard Time). We'd like for this to be an opportunity for newer players to see what a champion spawn looks like and to hopefully earn some platinum, but we are specifically inviting the experienced champ and PvM groups as well.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here are some details and instructions:

- We will be meeting in Delucia, which is in T2A (The Lost Lands). To get there from Moonglow: go to that hedge in the center of the town, and step onto the northeast-most teleporter. Follow the road north to the mage shop. Step on the circular altar in the far north end and say "recdu". this will teleport you into the town of Papua. Head northwest to the bank and you should see the Travel Gnome standing on the deck. Say "gate please." When he responds, say "Delucia." Step through the gate! Be sure to mark a rune or two in Delucia (leave one in your bank), and I recommend bringing a couple blank runes with you as well.
    - UOR is a Felucca shard and therefore this will be a Felucca event. It may be quite dangerous. Don't bring anything you are not prepared to lose. Bank often, especially when you get platinum. It is common/normal for even very skilled players to die at least once during a champion spawn.
    - While we cannot control the actions of other players, we simply ask that players allow the champion spawn to progress and finish so that new players can have a chance to see it. For this to happen, we request that existing rivalries be put on "hold" temporarily for the event. There will be plenty of other opportunities to kill your enemies. We want more players to be willing to attend Felucca events in the future so we hope the more mischievous players will use good judgement.
    - In general, a provo tamer is the best template for this event, but other templates (dexers, bards, others) can certainly participate.
    - This is undead spawn so bring your silver instruments! You can bring a silver weapon but remember you could possibly lose it.
    - If you are new to all of this, its usually pretty safe to stay very close to group of tamers. This will help protect you against both monsters and PKs. It will likely be very crowded, but try not to restrict the movement of anyone you are following around.
    - Many players who do champion spawns do not bother looting gold, so you can often follow one around and loot gold and weapons (especially on Tiers 3 and 4). You won't need to ask to loot my kills, but for anyone you don't know I recommend asking in case they plan to loot and so they don't think you are a thief.
    - As you kill monsters in the champion spawn, you have a chance for platinum coins to fall directly into your pack. Keep an eye out for these (and for thieves). Bank often.
    - As more and more monsters are killed, white and red candles will show the progress on the altar. White candles in the center show how long until the next red candle appears on the outer edge. Once one side of the altar is lined with red candles, the next tier is about to begin. Difficulty increases with each tier:
    upload_2019-5-6_10-48-52.png

- Tier 4 can be quite difficult due to deadly poison from the rotting corpses. Arch cure will cure this, but will also flag you grey most of the time.
    - If you flag grey during this event, you will almost certainly be killed immediately. This is not always intentional but due to macros that some people run.
    - If you see someone accidentally flag grey and get killed, I recommend you help them recover (give them their stuff back).
    - The boss is Neira. She will hit very hard and probably will be surrounded by dragons. She also throws bones on the ground that turn into additional monsters.
    - If you cast an offensive spell onto Neira she will teleport to you and hit you with her sword! So avoid doing this unless you are trying to position her or and don't mind risking death.
    - Everyone who does some minimum amount of damage to Neira (compared to top damager) will get 5 platinum coins in their pack at the moment she dies. So make sure you don't delay getting some damage onto her when she appears (once the alter is completely outlined by red candles). If there is sufficient room and you are skilled enough, you might be able to drop explosions on her and run far enough away to she won't teleport. When she dies she will also drop a bunch of gold, gems and reagents. I recommend banking your plat before worrying about picking up the splash, which will likely be scooped up very quickly anyway.
    - Greater Cure and refresh potions are strongly recommended. I'd bring 20 of each at least.
    - Once Neira dies, quickly check your pack for her skull or a red sword. If you see either, bank them ASAP. The skull is valuable and can be sold, used as deco in your house or added to a set for a future Harrower. One player will get the skull, however the sword is valuable rare drop.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    - The duration of the champ really depends on how many people show up. It could go very fast (less than an hour). If it does, the group is of course welcome to stick around for another.
    - Finally, there will be a bit of a surprise (which some of you might already be able to figure out, but I will neither confirm nor deny), so even if you are in a group that does these on a regular basis, this particular event will likely be of interest to you, besides simply being public.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post below and myself or others will try to answer them. See you on Saturday!
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Khal'Des, Dr Satan, Karrelan and 16 others like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

PVG says, "Wooooooo!"
    RavenMagi and Leopold like this.
  3. Cronos

Cronos Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'll try to work it out with the Wife so that I can join in on this. I've yet to do a champ and would love for things like this to take over for the weekly Xmas scroll runs!
    Leopold likes this.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

@Mino great opportunity to disarm neira?
    Leopold likes this.
  5. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I love it, thanks. I will try to be! :)
    Leopold likes this.
  6. Leopold

Just two more days to go! We are excited to see how this goes and if it goes well we have more exciting ideas related to champs that will appeal to both inexperienced and experienced champers.

Just one thing I thought of - I recommend everyone get into voice chat for this event. P'S has a public voice channel you can join, your guild is welcome to invite any and all players join your guild's public voice, or you can use a private channel if you wish. It would likely be quite noisy to have every single person in the same voice channel, and so one of us will probably hop around and use IRC/Discord to relay any important information.
    Ben S., Airin and wylwrk like this.
  7. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

That was good fun Leopold/PS, nice one.
    Kiryana and Leopold like this.
  8. Leopold

Thanks again everyone who came out! I think it went well and saw people who normally would be fighting each other outside of town having a great time together! When we do this again, we'll be sure to to gate everyone in away from the altar so you at least have a chance to get your bearings before being immediately attacked by 900 T1 mobs... Also, I accidentally hit "stop recording" instead of "start recording" on OBS studio right when we started. I hope someone else took a video. If so it would be great to share it! At least I have a few screenshots. I hope I am not the one that killed "Zachary" in one of these :oops:

So for anyone who didn't realize what the special surprise was, it was that we were able to get the City of the Dead altar temporarily enabled. It has been inactive for years due to some issues with the way the spawn works there. So I think most people there (including myself) had never done a champ there. The orc fort, the pinch points, and dragons being able to teleport inside the building S of the altar were all interesting challenges.

And congratulations to whoever got the skull! If you don't know what I mean and you were attacking the boss, be sure to check your pack for a red skull.

Leopold_5-11_19.18.jpg Leopold_5-11_20.00.jpg Leopold_5-11_19.32.jpg Leopold_5-11_19.59-1.jpg Leopold_5-11_19.20.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Chafe, Blendax, Airin and 4 others like this.