P'S quest - All are Invited!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Lord Krake, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello UOR!

Project Sanctuary will be having an event for anyone and everyone to participate in. We haven't done something like this before, so consider it a beta run. Either way, there will be prizes.

WHAT: A gathering quest! The group of adventurers who answer the call will travel to orc caves and forts in the land (excluding Occlo). There, we will dispatch the orcs and collect their candles and their footwear. The goal is to personally collect as many candles and footwear as you can.

After a set amount of time has passed, the event will end, and all will be gated back to P'S city to count up and turn in. The player with the most candles and the player with the most footwear collected will receive prizes.

The idea behind this event is to kinda give it that old "gather quest" feel we all love and hate from newer MMOS. Also, quantity over quality, and speed over attrition, in terms of what we will be fighting. Hopefully this will allow newer players who are not equipped to fight balrons be able to participate. So if you are looking for massive challenging combat, this might not be the event for you!

One final item: P'S would request that you donate all gold collected during this event to us. We put gold back into our events and for you all. Requested, not mandatory.

Important rules: P'S will have a number of monitors during this event so make sure people are not recalling or gating away, then coming back. If you plan to come along, you MUST stay with the group (3 screens or so), and you cannot leave at all. We will do all the gating around. So ya, just be cool and dont cheat, simple as that.

NO DRAGONS. They take up too much space. Mares are welcome, but just one per players please. Other tames are welcome, but be considerate about spacing please. Use common sense :)

WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 3rd @ 2pm EST, USA (plan on about 2 hours or so).

Make sure to join #PSEvent before the event starts so you can get info on where to meet.

Everyone in the PS Roster of Adventure will be invited. Please sign it if you havent. Anyone can come either way though!

http://uorforum.com/threads/project-sanctuary-adventure-roster.14229/

If there are questions, please post them here. I will see you all this Saturday! Thank you for supporting PS and the community.

~Krake Vestahl
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Sockz, Lyta, Zyler and 5 others like this.
  2. Isabella

Isabella Active Member

YAY!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  3. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I'll be at work again. :(
  4. Isabella

Isabella Active Member

awwww poor ahirman
    Ahirman likes this.
  5. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Very nice!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  6. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

Sounds like it will be fun! I will see who I can get to go :)
    Lord Krake likes this.
  7. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

cool
    Lord Krake likes this.
  8. Lord Krake

Tuesday bump!
  9. Lord Krake

Wednesday bump! !
  10. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

My plans for this weekend have changed, so I will hopefully be able to participate! Woohoo! Also, not sure what the rules will be but I think it'd be a good idea to only allow 1 player to win either "gathering" prize. That may have already been the plan. Is there a preference for character type? And I'm not sure how much gold will be collected during this, but will you guys take donations on site? just to avoid getting weighed down by it all. Mostly just asking these questions to help things run smoothly day of! Thanks for all that you guys do! I know I've hopped on your IRC channel before just to ask for someone to rescue me, so know that you are MUCH appreciated!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  11. Lord Krake

"Rules" are laid out in the post, and because this is a competition of sorts, we wont be limiting winnings of any kind! If a player is fast enough and able to win both "mosts", thats how it will go!

Character type is all up to the player. Killing things fast is a good place to start. As it states tamers are welcome, but no dragons.

Yes, if you want a PS member to hold your gold donation while you participate, we can make that work.

Thanks for stopping in our channel, glad we can have helped you!

See you on Saturday!
    Zyler and Ogtor like this.
  12. Lord Krake

*double post*
  13. Lord Krake

Thursday bump!!

lets.
    get.
    HYPE.
  14. Cha

Cha Well-Known Member

HYPE BUMB!
  15. Lord Krake

Friday night bump!

This event is going down in about 13 hours!
  16. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

woot... I will be watching football
  17. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

HYPE! T-MINUS 1.25 HOURS!
  18. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see the after post!

I'll need to make a new section in the village oral history dedicated to PS parties!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  19. Sockz

Sockz New Member

Had a great time! Thank you all and special thanks to Jupiter for coming to get me even though I was late! Got my first trophy (woop woop) and then a second (woop woop woop)!!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  20. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

Orc hunt.jpg Orc Fort.jpg

Their children will tell tales of this day. That's if enough survived to have children...

"....your candle goes out and the breeze is suddenly felt on your toes. Only too late will you realize what has happened. "STOYAAA!!!!" you'll curse as you are doomed to a bootless existence in the dark."

End of event.jpg End 2.jpg

Some of us got a little carried away in the celebrations. Stalwart was drunk well past the end of the event, retching even as Lord Krake himself was awarding him for the valor shown during the hunt.

It was a lot of fun all! Wish I'd had the mind to snap more pictures. Too focused on orc murder most of the time.
    Sockz, Jupiter and Lord Krake like this.