PS Recruitment - Open!

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Lord Krake, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Project Sanctuary Mission Statement and Code of Conduct

We are a guild dedicated to helping the new players of this shard. Whether you are a veteran to UO getting back into the adventures of Sosaria, transferring from a different shard, or new to Ultima Online altogether, we at P'S will help you make the best of your time here!

We can help with every aspect of the game; making gold, training skills, setting up vendors, player housing, engaging with the community, running champions and bosses, and anything else you may want to dive into.

Please do not hesitate to ask for help, even if you are not in the guild proper. We are a friendly and knowledgeable group of gamers. If you do wish to be a part of P'S, please refer to the extension of this Mission and Code to see how to get started.

Options to think about when joining up with P'S:
    As a starter guild: If you are looking for a guild to start with, train up, make some gold and some friends, this is the right place for you. You are welcome to leave at any time after you feel we have done everything we can for you.
    As a transitional guild: If you are looking for a good group of gamers to play with while you start your own guild, transition into another one, are waiting for real life friends to start playing on this shard, we can be that for you as well.
    As a permanent guild: If you would like to become a life long member of P'S and continue on with this guild far after you have become established, we welcome and encourage that as well. Serious members have opportunities to rank up in this guild and effect positive shard wide change. It is something to consider.

Guild guidelines

All guild members are expected to know, agree with, and adhere to these tenets while they are in the guild, using their P'S character.

Be Honest: This is the most important virtue to adhere to when you are in P'S. Be honest with others, be honest with the guild leadership, be honest with new players and be honest with yourself. The guild master (Krake Vestahl) takes this seriously.

Be Patient: This is a game that can take a mental and emotional toll. Be patient with other players who are learning, not just the game, but how to be a part of this community. Do NOT openly and rudely argue with other players in our IRC or the Forums when you represent P'S. If there is an issue that has to do with the guild, tell a higher ranking player, and let us handle it. Understand that we all have bad days and that someone might just be experiencing a bad day. We are not saying not to defend yourself, but just be smart about how far it goes and let the leadership take over if it gets too personal for you.

Be Supportive: This is a guild for new players, primarily, to get into this shard. Be supportive and help them out whenever you can. Take them on hunts, answer basic and advanced questions, maybe even gear them out if they need it. The guild has a lot of resources, so don't hesitate to ask for things to help new players! We welcome any veteran players who have this same mindset as well and simply want to join our ranks to be a part of what P'S does. Support also extends beyond this game. If there are real life issues that we are facing, you have permission and invitation to speak to the guild about it and we will be a processing community for you, should you need it.

Current ranking members:

Krake Vestahl - Guildmaster
    MikeK - Council
    DoctorSatan - Council
    Keza - Council
    Arawn - Council
    Lyta - Council
    Delevago - Council
    Heretic - Council

Bloodlust - Prime
    Kirby - Prime
    Vortex - Prime
    Psycho Elf - Prime

Pekka - Event Coordinator

*note: ranking membership is fluid; members become Active and Passive as real life ebbs and flows. Aside from Krake, the Guildmaster, ranking members may come and go as life mandates.

Code of Conduct:
    1. Have Fun! This is a great game, and if you are not genuinely enjoying it, let us know and we will do our best to change that!

2. There is absolutely NO stealing, PKing, or griefing/trolling as a member of P'S. Thief and PK builds are just fine, you simply cannot have one in P'S. Violation of this code will result in guild dismissal, and we don't want that!

3. Guild colors must be worn whenever there are guild activities. Guild colors are Black + one of the alternate colors. There are tubs in our city and our guild hall. Whenever you are out on your own, feel free to look and color however you like. The color mandate is only for guild events.

4. Guild events and quests. P'S runs a fair amount of events and quest and members should try to attend when possible! Events and quests will almost always be posted on the forums, either under Player Run Events, or in the P'S guild section.

5. IRC and the Forums. IRC is a requirement for P'S members, and we like if you join #PS whenever you are on, so we know who is playing and available. We also use IRC to communicate details about events and to arrange spontaneous outings. Your language, behavior, and conduct in our public and private channels should reflect the standards that P'S has set. Harassment, overly vulgar or sexual language, excessive use of profanity, or defacing P'S in a public setting will not be tolerated.

----- The Forums fall under the same rules. P'S members are expected to be respectful in their dealings, replies, trades and communications with others in the community and with other guild members in aspects of all the forums (even Trash Talk).

6. Represent P'S well. Remember, that if you have a P'S tag or a P'S signature in your Forum profile, you represent the guild, so please act and speak according to everything laid out in this post.

If you are interested in joining Project Sanctuary, please post here that you agree to everything that is laid out. A ranking member of PS will send you a private message here on the forums to get the application process started. You can also contact any P'S member via IRC or if you see us in the game itself. A PM on the forums will soon follow.

~Krake Vestahl

Guildmaster of Project Sanctuary
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Lord Krake

3. Urza

Urza Active Member

I would like to join good sir.
    mikek85 and Lord Krake like this.
  4. Volume

Volume Member

Hello, I would like to join too. Just started playing here about a week ago
    Lord Krake likes this.
  5. Lord Krake

Hello Volume. Jump into our IRC channel #PS and we will get you started!
  6. Ullr Wolfgar

Ullr Wolfgar New Member

Would like to thank you guys for the gift one of your members randomly gave me earlier. I would thank you in the IRC channel but can't seem to get it to work. But anyway thanks again, the items helped out a lot.
    Lord Krake and Heretic like this.
  7. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the server @Ullr Wolfgar :)

PM me if you are having trouble to use IRC, I can help you out!
  8. Belzanel

Belzanel New Member

Hello!

Is this still a thing? Are you taking members? I've been playing for about a week, old UO Second age player. Looking for a good group of people to get involved with and looking to get a house (have enough for a deed, but not sure about finding space if there is any.)

Thank you!
    Heretic and Lord Krake like this.
  9. Fungus

Fungus Member

Hi Belzanel

Yes PS is establish and well supported guild in UO:R, join us on IRC channel #ps to chat and get to know us and see if we're the right fit for you or just for tips n hints if you prefer.

Lots of old UO players from the good old days and like you I played up to and including T2A, few of us Europeans in guild as well as people over the pond that run the guild, events weekly and lots of spur of the moment style hunts organized once you are out of the young program.

Lots of places all over the world to place a house still for smaller houses too but guild can help you try and find a spot if you have something larger when ready.

look forward to seeing you in IRC and game

Fung
    Heretic and Lord Krake like this.
  10. Lord Krake

Yup, everything that Fungus said! I am Krake, the GM of this guild. Hop into IRC and /join #PS to get into our channel. We will help you out in whatever way we can, and when you see me in there, we can chat.

Hope to talk to you soon.

~Krake
    Fungus and Heretic like this.
  11. Ermey

Ermey Member

I would like to join. I've spoken to a few PS people. Just figured I should post in here. I'm in IRC channel also

Old UO player like mostly everyone here. Played Baja from 97-2000 some in 01 and 02.
    Played IPY, Hybrid and some other shards.

Thanks for your time
    Lord Krake and Fungus like this.
  12. Fungus

Fungus Member

Hey Ermey, good news! best way is to join the PS channel and get involved with us, someone will then sponsor you if you feel PS is the guild for you (and you for us) then MikeK will add you to stone.

look forward to seeing you in IRC and game

Fungus
    Lord Krake likes this.
  13. Ermey

Ermey Member

Thanks bud. Appreciate that. I think I'm finally good enough to leave Occlo. So I'm looking forward to the next get together you have!
    Fungus, blasfede and Lord Krake like this.
  14. Cewp

Cewp New Member

I'd like to join as well! I started on UO:R a few days ago. I'll join the IRC today to discuss.

Thanks!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  15. Lord Krake

Revision. Check first posting.
    Heretic likes this.
  16. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Well-Known Member

Read again and Agreed again.

-2016.Oct.11-

P'S Bloodlust
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Lord Krake likes this.
  17. Anybody

Anybody New Member

I agree

-Stalwart
    Lord Krake likes this.
  18. Zagos

Zagos New Member

read and agree!!! :D
    Lord Krake likes this.
  19. crazydaze

crazydaze Well-Known Member

I've read and agree to this mission statement!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  20. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Read the updated version, looks A-OK to me :D I'm down :)
    Lord Krake likes this.