Public Smith House

Discussion in 'Citizens of Stormhold ['S']' started by hagen, Jun 10, 2013.

1. hagen

hagen New Member

Hey guys, I just went forward yesterday and placed the smiths workshop that i had promised. I wont decorate until i get your approval, let me know what you think of the location. In general i think it would be nice to have all public houses central and some of the residential structures around them.

My idea was to make a very simple smiths workshop downstairs with all the needed tools of the trade and have a mining rune library upstairs. Everyone who is friend with the house (all citizens) will be able to use the runes.

What do you think?

[​IMG]
  2. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think that looks good. We need to get together and decide what all the buildings are going to be, however. The last thing we talked about was putting all the vendors in the patio and turning the villa southeast of there into a tavern. I'm still not sure about that L-shape in front of the library, though.
  3. hagen

hagen New Member

Hey, I'm def. with you. No Vendors in the workshop. One house for ALL vendors, whichever one that will be. The workshop is just supposed to be there so people CAN smelt/smith if they feel like it and also because its nice to have in a town ;)

I liked the idea of having ore-runebooks on the upper floor because it just keeps everything together. A miner could harvest ore, recall back, smelt and just continue to harvest.

Regards!
  4. hagen

hagen New Member

Also imo. very important is that only Citizens will be friended to the house so only they have access to the mining hotspots :!: The secure chest will be for tools needed for crafting and mining and will be available to all friends.

edit: i just realised that making the house public makes all runebooks public, as well as the doors unlockable, so we will have to think about the ore runebooks…
  5. hagen

hagen New Member

Not quite finished, will let it grow over the next couple days. Trash barrel is still missing, some more smithy deco, will add more ore and maybe some ingots.

Upstairs there is still room for some runebooks, I can also make some music stands to place the runebooks on, looks very nice!

The chest downstairs is secure for friends, the chest upstairs has a locked down key that can only be used by friends.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have some smithy rares for you to use in the deco process. I also think it would be appropriate to have an ingot vendor at that house. I know that's a hard vendor to run but we could find a way to do it as a team effort perhaps. I think that's close enough to the other future vendors to be convenient and it just makes sense. I'll start a new topic for us to discuss how we want to set up the whole vendor thing when I get home from work.
  7. hagen

hagen New Member

Smithy rares sounds awesome!
  8. hagen

hagen New Member

dbl post