Punishments on forums

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Messiah, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Messiah

Messiah New Member

Since some people can't seem to get along on forums i think there should be a 3 day ban off the forums on people who can't follow the rules. I rarely come on the forums but when I do I don't want to read that crap on a serious discussion reading ideas or searching for an answer or being attacked for agreeing with someones idea the someone doesn't like. That's why I don't come on forums anymore because of this stuff. So can there be a more harsh punishment for people not following the rules other then whatever is in place now? Other wise I don't see myself using these forums anymore if all I am gonna do is read people arguing and getting attacked for putting an opinion out there. This Goes for Double vision and Anyone else.
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm sorry for making a mess. I've had my warnings and I've been trying like hell to keep it clean with no shots below the belt, the last few days.
    I'm going to stay on this path until I get dissed in excess, at which time, I will report the post then take it to Trash Talk where it belongs.

Perpetual trash talk by way of forum signatures should be just as deserving of a warning. :)
  4. Caly

Caly New Member

I support this.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I will forum war anyone to get my name to show red!
  6. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I agree, for a couple reasons.
  7. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Good suggestion.

I've already quit being logged into UOR channel on irc, I won't go into the public voice channel and I am on the verge of no longer leaving any ideas or responces to good/not so good ideas on the forums.

I am an avid forum reader, I like reading what people have to say. People start tossing attitude around and it rubs off on me and I need to respond in kind. I don't need that. I also don't need being labeled because I agree with a guildies ideas. OF COURSE I AGREE WITH THEM, that's why I joined their guild.

I am a strong believer in Game creaters don't kill off their games, Forums kill off games as it brings on the mob mentality. If it got to the point of ignoring the forums, I would probably have to go ahead and give up on the game too.

No big loss for alot of people, but no matter who leaves for what reason, it hurts the server.
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

MMmm punish me... I've been so naughty~~ ;)
  10. prancer

prancer New Member

America, free speech etc etc
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This is not America. This is an internet forum and a speach is permitted at the discretion of the proprietors. If they feel it is innappropriate, it is within their right to remove it, ban you or tell you to take it somewhere else.
  12. yaadood

yaadood Member

yes, internet censorship is so hot right now.
  13. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Keeping the crap off your privately owned forums is not censorship.The rules are posted if you dont like the rules feel free to take your happy hiney elsewhere.If you want to have a forum to say absolutely anything you want I guess you could buy your own.....
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

As the server has developed we have let the forums develop on their own and have not enforced much in the way of moderation. However with the recent trend of repetitive threads seeking to create these type of arguments. If players cannot maintain the proper behavior on the forums, then their privileged of posting here will be removed either temporarily or permanently.

That said we do not run this like a dictatorship and we appreciate an open discussion with our players. Should any player have a concern with a thread or post simply report it to the moderators using the report function.

We have noticed this problem in IRC also, and up to this point have allowed players to self moderate. However lately any conversation regarding player versus player combat or changes to stat loss has been reduced to cussing and racial slurs almost instantly. We are monitoring the channel more closely and are searching for a dedicated monitor to make sure this type of behavior is caught and dealt with in a more efficient manner.

That said we hope our players will realize that no matter how other players respond to your ideas and suggestions the staff will always be happy to listen.

In the next week or so we will be posting a more clear policy for behavior on IRC and on the forums.