PVM Leader boards

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Stranger, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

I think it would be a good idea for champ spawn locations to not give pvm kill credit. Currently all the top people on pvm kills are people who hit champ spawns heavy for a while. Sunshine for example hasnt played in months but in 2 months of champ spawning half a year ago he got into the top tier of the kills and has held it ever since without farming. Meanwhile I am nowhere near him and farm for a couple hours a day. I think the bazillion slime kills from baracoon skews these leader boards.
    Gozinya likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We are working on a new achievement system that will address this concern. Details to be released soon.
    Infantry, Andersonius and Stranger like this.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I had proposed a long time ago a system in which there is a leaderboard for total monster GOLD. It seemed to get some support from players, and a "that's theoretically possible" from Chris. I think that would address the champ spawn issue while also measuring people on what is the main driver for most of this killing.
  4. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

I also suggested something like this back when I first started and telamon was asking about pvm profile suggestions and I suggested "Total gold ". I did and still do think its a great idea. Would make for one heck of an impressive stat line. But honestly, someone like Robin Redding deserves to sit atop the kills list, not a handful of champion spawners. (Though I know descartes is way up there and he does farm a crap ton too.)
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

New category for 'gold leaders' - all for it.
    Manipulating the data so that champ spawn kills don't show up - please no.
  6. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Its not my fault im so awesome no one can catch up.I personally think im still at the top because everyone else is so busy killing other players or scamming other players or just playing the usual game of thrones bs that goes on here.I mean seriously its not that hard to catch up to me all the have to do is farm 18 hours a day for 2 months jeeze.So i recommended it not be changed at all
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  7. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I don't understand why someone who kills more monsters than you shouldn't be ranked higher than you. I have them most murder counts (to my knowledge) but am only ranked #3 on the murder board and whereas it doesn't directly bother me (all the cash money and organs I get from PKing keep me pretty happy), it does confuse me as to why it was changed.
  8. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

Champ spawn kills should definitely not be removed. As far as by gold amount, you might end up overwhelmingly disappointed, because there is no way to track what was actually looted ( i don't believe), only what a monster drops.
    So say someone has 500 wraith, specture, and goul kills from undead spawn at 55gp a piece 1500 x 55 = 82500g, which actually isn't to bad, it may not be near someone who is taken the time to farm 2000 blood eles, but by the time you mix in all the varieties on tier 1 and 2 champ spawn kills it bet you would be amazing at the amount of gold that drops from them.
    Also if you go based on gold then what do you do with all the animal kills? Just get rid of them? 90% of animals drop nothing, but many people farm them for tamer quests and leather. Even the top kill Robbin Redding who you say deserves his spot http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/pvm/26451 has 20k animal kills.
    In my opinion the reason there is individual leader boards for each type of monster is to show who does one thing better, or who kills something harder more.
    A kill is a kill. If you wanted to catch up to them by killing birds and slimes you could but it would still take a ton of time. It shouldn't diminish what they have done, playing or not.
  9. Dalavar

I don't see what your argument is. If you don't think a gold count is informative, you don't have to look at that leaderboard (if there ever is one). Other people think it would be interesting to see, and think it would be informative.
  10. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

Ya that wasn't very clear on my point. My points:
    1) Champ spawn kills should not be removed, a kill is a kill.
    2) I don't believe there is a way to track, or at least back track on what kills the gold was looted or not looted.(Telamon would only know if that is true or untrue) Because on champ spawns many kills go unlooted.
    3) If you were to take an average drop amount per type of monster killed and apply it to the kills already in place, I think it would be surprising to Stranger on how an abundance of low end monsters with small amounts of gold will add up.
    4) From the Original post what I took from it was he wanted to way to be at the top of the kill charts because he feels he farms higher value targets, and killing more high gold dropping monsters should give an advantage over killing a low gold dropping monster. (this is what i took from it)

Dalavar -- I think that the gold amount information could be informative, but as long as it doesn't take from kills as a whole. The title PvM leader board is pretty straight forward in my mind Player vs. Monster kills. No where in the original post does it say he wants just more information or a new leader board for gold. It states he feels hes worked hard killing higher end monsters and wants to be on top of the kills board because he feels his high end mob kills are more valuable then and champion farmer who killed a ton of low end monsters to get to an end goal of platinum.
  11. Dalavar

I agree with most of that, I was thinking this was another thread (that I think I started).

Even if slimes and giant rats add up, so be it. Would be fun to see if Stranger/Sunshine are correct in thinking they've killed more gold worth of monsters than some of the champ farmers.

Actually, this makes me think of something else, which is that it would be nice to have a HP leaderboard too. I.E. who has killed the most HP worth of monsters. Would seem like a nice addition to the leaderboard:

- most monster kills
    - most gold found
    - bloodiest farmer (most HP killed)

Maybe Redding wins them all, or Stranger/Sunshine, who knows, but it would be fun to compare the top 10 and see who's shading towards high-gold monsters, who's racking up the flat kills, and maybe who's killing a ton of the 10,000 to 64,000 HP big guys.