PVM Poisoning Question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Allen, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Allen

Allen New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a PVM dexer I am raising poisoning on. It works nice to keep spell casting MOBs curing themselves instead of casting on me. I was disappointed demons seem to be immune to poison on my blade even though they can be poisoned by other MOBs, blade spirits, etc. I have only used Poison up to regular strength so far. Can stronger poisons affect demons? Is that immunity to player poison accurate from the original UO?

Thanks,
    Allen
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yes, stronger poisons will affect deamons. Poisoning also works well for some instanced events, particularly AMIBs. Otherwise, good luck!
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Today, I am experimenting on this very thing! I too have noticed poison resistance abnormalities from mob to mob. For example, some will resist greater poison but are effected by the poison coming from energy vortexes. I'm also toying with discordance.

I've no math to put behind anything right now and invariably like most things UO related only the math matters.

I do enjoy the speculative phase though :) Anyway, I believe the mob's magic resistance and the poisoner's skill are involved.

BlackEye likes this.