(PVP) Free for All Tournament: Battle Upon the High Seas! 09JUNE2019

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Tobias the Brigand, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Tobias the Brigand

Tobias the Brigand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Event Date/Time: Sunday, June 9th, 2019 at 8 PM(EST)

Banner.jpg

Arr you scallywags! It be time for you to set sail, for this be a free for all tournament upon the high seas!
    To participate in this tournament you be needin' a boat, and a means of slayin other sailors!
    To the winner I be payin' in the form of a check for 400K in gold pieces!
    To the second place winner, a check for 100K in gold pieces shall be paid!

Here be a map of the arena. There be two healer ships on the eastern and western sides (Marked in red)
    There also be one Red healer ship on the northern side of the map, for murderers/greys. (Marked in grey)

Boundaries.jpg Healer.jpg
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Tournament lasts for 30 minutes. The winner is the person with the most kills at the end of the match! (Kills will be tracked via kill broadcasts so you must join the party before entering the arena.)
    Violation of the rules below will result in disqualification from any prize(s).

Rules:
    1.) All participants must register with Tobias on Discord or Post Here on the Forums. Provide ship name, your character name, and any NPC crew members you intend to use. (See below for restrictions) No response from Tobias means you're not registered.
    (You will be given a map disclosing your starting location).

***REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 9PM EST on SUNDAY, JUNE 9th***

2.) Your ship must remain unlocked for the entire duration of the tournament.
    -This allows for melee players to participate and for your head to be harvested upon your death.

3.) Stay within the designated area unless you are dead and reporting to the resurrection locations (See map above)

4.) When you are slain, report to a healer for resurrection and get back in the fight!

5.) When you slay a player, promptly return to your ship (if applicable) and sail on to find another victim!
    -Do not grief other players by slaying their crew after they have fallen.

6.) No resurrection killing or camping near the healers!

7.) Only one player may participate and fight as a member of your crew. (No support healers/dispellers ect.)

8.) Finally, Absolutely no placing murder counts on other registered players! (Names will be posted prior to start.)

There are no restrictions on spells, potions, or weapons.

NPC/Follower Restrictions:
    A.) Maximum One [1] tamed pet crew member per ship. (Your mount counts as a pet unless ethereal)
    B.) Maximum Three [3] NPC mob crew members per ship. (Orcs/Pirates/Other monsters,animals, ect.)
    c.) Maximum One [1] NPC hireling crew member per ship.
    D.) All summons are authorized!

Other:
    There are ships positioned to mark the boundaries, if you see a row of these ships or are approaching land, turn back! (Unless you're dead)
    Stealing/Looting is not against the rules, but is highly discouraged!
    -Warning! We discovered that your own crew may loot your corpse! due to this it is recommended that you register and show up early so that you may place spare supplies in your ship's hold.

Guild Alignment / Kin mask usage is highly encouraged!
    Finally, lets all be honorable and have a good time. Please follow the rules and enjoy!

****Don't forget to enable your kill cameras in Razor!***

UPDATE:

Due to a multiple inquires regarding crew selection and guild alignment, the following options are now available (For the duration of the tournament only!):

1.)Undead Guild Alignment
    2.)Pirate Guild Alignment
    3.)Orc Guild Alignment

Guild Alignment.jpg

How it works:
    Starting one hour prior to the tournament start time, you may be added to the guild alignment stone of your choice.
    -Immediately following close of the event you will have 15 minutes before you are removed from the guild.

NPC's aligned in this category will not attack you. More about guild alignment available here:
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/Guild_Alliances

**Misuse or abuse of the guild alignment before, during, or immediately after the tournament will result in removal from qualification, and further entry!

Choosing a crew:

NPC's with Magic can assist with dispels and ranged damage while maintaining the ability to cure and heal themselves.
    -Examples that will automatically engage: Undead Lich, Pirate Quartermaster, Orcish Mage.
    -Examples that will only engage if attacked:
    Wisps, Wandering Healers, Mages
    **Recommend staying away from the shoreline while using caster NPC's (They will teleport onto land!)**

NPC's with ranged weapons are good for ranged DPS.(Orcish Scouts also use detect hidden, and hide/stealth)
    -Examples that will automatically engage:
    Brigand Archers, Pirate Archers, Orcish Scouts, Orcish Bombers
    -Examples that will only engage if attacked: NPC Rangers & Archers (Can be found near Skara Brae)

For assistance with understanding how to board your crew, check out @Keza 's video!:

Conclusion:
    This event be a great success! Thank you to all those who participated. Also, thank you to our shipmates @Zyler ,@Majestic and @SativaGreen for the donations that made this event possible!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Arr! Set sail you scallywags!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Delstrudo, Kiryana, Keza and 6 others like this.
  2. Majestic

Majestic Well-Known Member

I support this event! Never mind. see it. Id like to donated an added 200k to the event winner.
  3. Tobias the Brigand

Arr! Thank you for the donation Scallywag! Err, Majestic...

If this be a success, I be planning to hold this event again! Also, this be great practice for other events to come!
    Majestic likes this.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

THANX for the initiative tobias! I will gonna help to advertise it.
  5. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Ill dontate 100k for 2nd place
  6. Tobias the Brigand

Arr! Thank you to @Majestic and @Zyler for the donations. I have updated the prizes above!

If there be any questions with ideas for crews, or obtaining a ship. Contact me, scallywags! I be happy to answer any of yar dumb questions! ARR!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. Tobias the Brigand

Arr! Original post has been updated! Now offering Guild Alignment options to make things interesting.
    Additionally, to accommodate the many "possible" attendees registration will remain open until 9PM EST.

GET CREATIVE YOU SCALLYWAGS!
    SativaGreen likes this.
  8. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I will donate 50k for 3rd
    Zyler likes this.
  9. Tobias the Brigand

Arr! To make things easier for people to participate in this event, I have assembled 4 crews. These crews be up for grabs for anyone interested in participating! First come first serve basis! Message Tobias via Discord or Post here on the forums with your character name, and the crew you wish to command for the tournament!

Below are the crews!:

Team Orc: Two Bombers and a Mage!
    Team Orc.jpg

Team Pirate: Two archers and a Quartermaster!
    Team Pirate.jpg

Team Undead: Three Dastardly Liches!
    Team Undead.jpg

Team Neutral: Two Wisps and a Wandering Healer!
    Team Neutral.jpg

Don't forget, you may also bring One(1) Pet and One(1) Hireling if you wish!

Message Tobias on Discord or post here with your registration requests!
    I be helpin' any other interested scallywag with buildin' a crew. Just let me know what you be needin!

Finally, The tournament be moved to 8PM EST! This be due to request from the only two players currently registered. See you then!

SET SAIL AND BRING ME THOSE HEADS YOU SALTY SAILORS! ARR!

UPDATE: TEAM NEUTRAL has been recruited! Captain @Dash your crew will be manned and ready to fight by your side!
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  10. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Wow, those are some pretty awesome team setups! My hats off to you on the creative setup of this PvP match. Will be interesting to see what happens!
    Hawkeye and Pharoah like this.
  11. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

wow nice pick of orcs there, looks like some killas on the High seas this time ya flea bitten sea dogs! Yaaa *hack spit hack* aaaar!
  12. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

This looks awesome. I won't be around to participate but post some screenshots!
  13. Dash

Dash Active Member

Yarr! Sign me up. I'll bring me wenches, bud, and booze.
  14. Tobias the Brigand

Arr! Congratulations to the winner @twarf with four (4) Kills upon the High Seas! Well done Sailor, Team Orc served you well before being sent to the depths!

Second place went to @Dash with two (2) kills for Team Neutral!

Finally, Neith of Atlanti took third place, with one (1) kill and two (2) suicides! *Chuckle*

Well done to all those who braved the high seas on this day! Enjoy the the booty you scallywags have earned! I hope to see you next time!

Please post your screen captures here!
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  15. twarf

twarf Well-Known Member

16. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Can't believe we lost to a manual typing boat navigator!

This was a great test run to see the mechanics and battle necessary.

Looking forward to the next one!
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  17. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Camdan drops to one Knee and invoking his GM Begging skill, Begs " Please, Please, Please run one of these at a EU friendly time, Please with a cherry on top,"
    Xavant_BR and Miami like this.
  18. Tobias the Brigand

Arr! @k1w1uk If you can get me a good list of interested players and a time, I will set one up for you guys during a weekend. Gather your scallywags!
  19. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Who ever said GM Begging was useless. Thanks @Tobias the Brigand , I shall attempt to recruit some crews
  20. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

@k1w1uk i already told to my family that i will gonna sail to dangerous waters soon and probably i will not come back sir! Ready for action.
    k1w1uk likes this.