PVP Hot-Spot Schedule

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Mindless, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

In #UORPVP we've been trying to discuss some ways we can get the PVP action flowing again.

One idea Air suggested was a PVP hot-spot schedule of sorts.

While I don't want to encourage a lack of real field fighting (running into someone unexpectedly on the field and engaging), we're such a small/tight knit community that I feel something like this could really help.

It could be as simple as us picking a different location. (ie. Outside Wrong, Brit GY [I miss this one big time], etc) and people interested in PVP meeting there, to well, duke it out!

Please chime in with your opinions... they are welcomed.

PS. I know people already do stuff sort of like this... but maybe we could be more organized with it as a whole community... get to the point where it's like "Oh shit its Monday... better head to Brit GY!"

LETS GET THE IDEAS FLOWING! SAVE PVP!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    Halabinder, Vlar and Xegugg like this.
  2. Mindless

One thing I'd like to note:

My thoughts for an event like this are not "come feel safe while watching others fight." ... I'm not encouraging organized duels on a schedule... I'm encouraging a spot for people to meet up for real, unadulterated, field PVP on a regular basis... with some variety. Expect to die if you show up.
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Mindless

Just to further the brainstorming... here are some basic "hot spots" I could think of that would be fun to rotate.

1) Brit GY
    2) Bucs Den
    3) Outside Wrong
    4) Chaos Shrine
    5) Brit Bridge
    6) Yew Moongate
    7) Ice Dungeon
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Tis a good idea!

Toss up some IRC spam every now and then, post a thread about it -- little promotion and you could create a hotspot that stayed after your promotion! :)
  5. smoke

smoke New Member

I vote BUCS
    Jupiter and Mindless like this.
  6. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Brit GY but, I like the openness outside of wrong along with the roof area. Bucs is okay but I prefer not to fight in jungles if the fight goes there (unmodded client).

Looking for duels pits or otherwise. Usually on 9:30pm EST. Sardis in IRC

I have a ways to go yet so I've been asking people to duel/school me. I am good at surviving just sneaking that last blow in typically evades me.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Mindless likes this.
  7. Teut

Teut New Member

I vote for the big area in front of Wrong, and there are a few reasons why..

1. there are almost no Objects or buildings around, which make it pretty much Lag free and also suitable for Team battles, as its a HUGE Area.
    2. A dueling Tower in the South of it which can be used.
    3. A reagent vendor nearby with OK Prices
    4. Many Healers around, as well a Rune to Chaos Shrine (in the literally worst case its not even that far to run there either)

need any more reasons for this great spot?
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.