PvP - Naval Warfare/UO:R's Boat Race 2020

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Tabby, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

As a new player to the server, roughly a month or two now, I've been absolutely loving the enthousiasm and frequency of the player ran events. For those of you who I haven't encountered yet, be in it in game, on Discord or touched in some form with my forum posts, I go by the name of Tabby (And Tobby, Tibby, Tubby and several other misfits), a fisherman, a pirate and a firm believer in the love of everything nautic and Archery. Although being new I see no reason not to chip in with my ideas. Handing out prizes on the other hand, are not my cup of tea just yet.

As a first attempt, I bring you the (first?) UO:R's Naval Warfare, quite possibily combined with a race. I would love for you all to wrap your head around this, possibly help me figure out the logistical side of things and make this a returning all time favorite. God knows I love this crap.

Now what is the plan you might ask? The following is the current draft, for which I am obviously open to suggestions.

[​IMG]

Justice Island provides an enclosed ring of water, fitting for naval mischief. Boats can not be sailed out ensuring the safety of your floating coffins.

Goal:
    Total domination, chaos and if possible a few laps around the island. Starting at the waterfall it will be hilarious to see who is able to get a few laps around the center island. Imagine at least 10 boats trying to clash into eachother, avoid each other and board one another to take out the competition and win the objectives. This could be done by crews (maximum of 3 players per boat) or a Red vs Blue kind of setup. What would you prefer?

Minor rules:
    - Bring what you can afford to lose;
    - No keys are to be present on your crew;
    - Gangplanks are required to be unlocked to ensure boarding options;
    - No tamers allowed, keep your filthy pets on land;
    - A maximum of 3 players per boat. You can either tripple box if you got the skill, or get your friends on board.
    - Deed of 25K gold in your Cargo hold to actively promote fighting - consider this your buy-in;
    - X amount of laps around the island - this will be monitored by a neutral party.
    - In order to even out the playing field, I am considering to make this a Player crafter quality item even only - the Naturalists will love this I bet. Exceptional gear only, it's not about who has the biggest ..... bank account and Vanq stock.
    - What else?

I would love for some imput to organize this at some point. Help is always very much appreciated.
    Buga, Miami, Holden and 7 others like this.
  2. Tuneful

Tuneful Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea m8
    I myself don't like boats(I still have nightmares about 8x8ing back in the day)
    I would like to contribute Something for the prize pot tho

Good luck with this.
    Tabby likes this.
  3. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

I love all your likes and Discord replies, but will be much better helped with replies on the forum. Toss in your ideas (or your coins to a Witcher), tweaks, suggestions and willingness to participate or not. I'm also interested in seeing what times/timezones work best for everyone before getting into the logistics of this nightmare.

Thanks <3
  4. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

Naviphobia. Naviphobia or navisphobia (from navis, Latin for "ship", "vessel", "boat") is the fear of boats and cruise ships. The fear is often triggered due to past negative maritime experience.

Much appreciated! You could just serve as a deckhand, no need to command & steer the ship - we'll just point, you shoot! Or jump ships and slash it up. Overcome your Naviphobia.
  5. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

there has been an event in the past that allowed allied NPC crews ie if you were undead allied you could have 3 undead mobs on board, same with pirates/brigands/orcs, Blue healers were allowed healers crews etc, that was fun and could be incorporated into this justice island race/mayhem
  6. Tabby

Tabby Well-Known Member

That sounds both great and confusing at the same time, could you eleborate?
  7. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

8. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I participated in this event with @Tobias the Brigand ... definetly one of the most fun to be...
    lets bring the batleship back!
    Miami likes this.