PVP templates

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mikanele, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

What templates are you guys running that you like so far?

Maybe even some Pro's Con's
  2. CrunkJuice-old

CrunkJuice-old New Member

Eval,Anatomy,Wrestle, Resist, Magery, Med, Inscribe.

Works Pretty good on this shard.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

If you are good with a Mage, my personal fav is a stun/heal Mage (Mage/med/eval/resist/wrestle/anat/heal). If you can learn to effectively time your bandages as well as properly stock yourself with potions, etc., you can have a very strong defense. Also, when explosion pots are fixed, and you can learn to drop combos while mixing explo pots in with your spells plus stun, you can have a very powerful offense as well. But like I said, that's if you're good enough to pull all of those aspects together which there aren't many who can. Nonetheless, it can be a very strong Mage template.
    Gwenno likes this.
  4. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Mandevu is a pvp boss. But I still pvp all over his face.
  5. Mandevu

Hatecrime has frequent blackout problems. He often confuses his dreams for reality.. ;p
  6. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

I currently have

Nox alchy
    Scribe stun
    Alchy dexxer
    Alchy stun barely worked on this guy

I have a trash healer char that I was looking at heal stun or tank Mage with anat

Is archery viable in pvp in this era?

If only I had more time then I'd actually pvp and not macro chars
  7. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Archer mages can be quite good, you just have to take some time to get used to them and to learn how to time using the heavyxbow with spell drops.
  8. CrunkJuice-old

CrunkJuice-old New Member

Can someone tell me about this alchemy/mage temp. I already have an alchemist but he is not a mage. Do you get more damage from being a alchemist?
  9. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

Alchemy adds damage to explo pots it's being reviewed right now so expect damage to be decreased.
  10. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

I was originally going to be an anat/scribe, but while examining the 'benefits' of inscription it just doesnt really make any sense. Unless they add in the 10% extra bonus damage, the defensive benefits arent that great.

Example: You only absorb 25% more damage from RA, and 75 is max so you do the math...
    . You only resist 1 more 6 circle spell + 4th circle
    . Protection is realy the only thing that is useful and it isnt that great

That 100 points will be better served in poison or healing IMO
  11. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I'd go with

Inscribe/Stun (for groups) = Magery, Med, Eval, Resist, Wrestling , Anatomy, Inscribe.

Inscribe will give you better protection against dumps and stun will help you paralyze your enemy by stunning them so your group can get a drop on him.

Inscribe/Dexxer or Healing/Stun Mage (Solo)

Inscribe on a dexxer is the bomb diggty. = Magery, Resist, Tactics, Anatomy, (Wepon Skill), Healing, Inscribe.

What this does is allow better protection against mages while dealing out a good offense, it will give you 4 ways of healing without being subject to a simple mage dump. Healing,Pots,Greater Heal, & Healing wands if they have em.

Healing/Stun = Was mentioned above above and pretty spot on.
  12. Blazer85

Blazer85 New Member

Won't your mana burn fast?
  13. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Stats:
    100 str
    80 dex
    45 int

Remeber, Greater heal is for back up if you're getting ganked or need a quick heal if your bandages won't kick in quick enough, bandages will be your primary heal. You can always drink a greater agility for 100 dex but there are no Int pots so having 45 Int gives you enough for magic reflect & a few greater heals, also trapped boxes, recall & even a gate. It's beats a pure dexxer because you have the extra edge with the heals & extra magic reflect and/or protection last longer if your fighting a dexxer. Trust me, your mana will go up and you won't even know it while your pounding on someone. Only thing better then this temp is a Alchy dexxer but since alchy damage is being looked into this is a great alternative for a dexxer. Very few people could kill me on this temp even 3vs1 because you have so many defense mechanisms working for you without losing any of the offense.

Also with inscription being a pretty good money maker at the moment it's win win.

I would go with macing as a weapon skill because it hits hard, gives a concussion blow, kills their stamina and damages armor quick! and Fencing sucks at the moment because para only last 2 seconds opposed to the normal 4 seconds. Swords are good and does everything macing does accept damages armor fast and without lumber jacking you are going to hit around the same damage as a warhammer without the extra skill. After everything I just said doesn't that sound like one badass mofo dexxer?
  14. Mandevu

No. Macing gives crushing blows with the war hammer and that's it. Maces are good for stamina drain which can be a hastle in a long fight. If you go with swords and use an axe you can give concussion shots which cuts your targets mana in half temporarily.
  15. Unex

Unex New Member

Yeh this will be my faction char build :)
  16. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Wrong, Maces damage armor quick, crushing blows, stamina drain and a war hammer will hit just as hard as any axe if not harder other then a hally if you don't have the lumberjacking skill. Axes only do crushing blows only and u need lumberjacking to do the max damage so with macing you have an extra skill you can use for something else.
  17. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think you mean concussion for the axe, either way yeah it does take up extra skill slot. At least you have a lot of lumber after raising it! :lol:
  18. Mandevu

I never said they didn't damage armor. But you're wrong about crushing blows. War hammers are the only macing weapons that deliver crushing blows, not all macing weapons. Which was my point..Axes do not do crushing blows, they don concussion blows. Learn the game before you tell me how it works.

Axe = concussion blows (50% mana loss to target)
    War hammer = crushing blow (50% extra damage i believe)

CRUSHING and CONCUSSION are two different special attributes to two different weapons classes and skill.
  19. Mandevu

All maces drain stamina and damage armor, but war hammers are the only that can perform a crushing blow.
  20. Mandevu

And the only thing you "need" LJ for is a 35% damage boost to axes. You don't "need" it and you don't need it to do a concussion blow to someone. It's a nice damage boost, yes, but not necessary. If you want to have a good advantage against a mage, you're best bet is with an axe. Only having 50 mana is hard to attack with. On they other hand, you can find yourself in a bad spot real quick when your stamina is getting zapped by a macing weapon.