Question for the Veterans

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Rheanon, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've read several posts that suggest that Recall Mining is not or no longer viable in UOR. Why is this? Did I interpret it wrong?
  2. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I believe its still decent, given the fact that its even more automated than fishing for example (which basically requires you to loot on your own in addition to filling afk gumps)
    Rheanon likes this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

3 recall miners roughly 4000 ingots (mix of iron and colored) in one hour.

May as well farm elementals.
    Rheanon likes this.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/blaises-grid-mining-macro.15886/

Good luck. wylwrk hit the nail on the head though. No matter how good your macro is, you're better off farming elementals. There was once a time when it was as good as fishing but administration hated Mutombo so bad they patched it into complete shit.
    Rheanon, Jean-Pierre and wylwrk like this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

My un-optimized mining macro makes just short of 16K profit an hour. With proper optimization (placing recall spots on locations that can access multiple veins), my guess is it could get closer to 25K an hour.

Are there ways to make more money on UOR? Yes, of course. But for next to no effort, that kind of income is still pretty great. If you work from home and can watch 3 clients doing that for 8 hours a day, it's pretty filthy.
    Rheanon and Erza Scarlet like this.
  6. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hire you if you did that.
    Vishakt and Rheanon like this.
  7. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

So, mining not perfected?

How can u make more ingots farming elementals? Don't they just drop about 10 ore or so?
    Rheanon likes this.
  8. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Now the question is: How good is fishing actually? What's the average income per hour?
    Rheanon likes this.
  9. Erza Scarlet

The fishing income is somewhat dependant on luck.
    Some days you wont earn a lot, other days ive fished up 3 Amibs in an hour with regular fishing (seriously)

It all comes down how effective your macro is, the methods youre using, how fast you can get rid of those corpses, etc..
    When i fished seriously though (means monitoring 3 accounts/characters) ive usually ended up with an easy ~500k per day.

Nets can be thrown out for Amibs, lvl1 Tmaps can be done by any char pretty much and have a chance for a lvl7 map, and AMIBs can be soloed for plat coins and Ironman trophys. MIBs can be collected, and be done in one single marathon... Or you sell everything to other players for gold.

Have ive mentioned that its not possible to loot you when youre in the middle of your boat, and there is an upcomig fishing tournament on the 1st of May?
    What ur waiting for?!
    Rheanon and Kalvasflam like this.
  10. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Average per hour please. Assuming the most professional setup possible here and not some newbie macros.
    Rheanon likes this.
  11. Erza Scarlet

Ive fished with my Tamer, with Mages, and recently with Archers.
    On the same boat, on different boats.. however ive needed it at the given situations.

Ive fished while farming, ive fished while pvping..
    Id say 1 fisher with somewhat decent macros is making 20-30k gold/hour, with huge spikes if youre able to fish up an AMIB

But for realy accurate numbers id suggest these guys:

@wylwrk @Cynic
    One and Rheanon like this.
  12. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Well, back to recall mining: if it's 4k mixed ingots per hour (what wylwrk said), then it's 60-80k per hour with 3 clients. Beats a fully attended active tamer that farms one spot the traditional way, i.e. one client, no spot cycling.
    Rheanon likes this.
  13. Erza Scarlet

Dont forget that people will kill your recall miner (i do it everytime i see one, and ill admit it proudly) so it pretty much requires a blessed runebook, or you have to adapt a ton of macros to a new rune.

On fishing boats youre 100% safe, and you can pretty much get Plats, AMIBs, AMIB rares, and Lvl 7 Maps/rares.. where otherwise these are harder to come by since you will only earn gold (or maybe plat in trades)

The only real difference between fishing and recall mining is that a proper recall mining macro will do everything by its own where on fishing you will have to loot yourself. Unless the recall mining macro hangs up, or the character is killed ofc... and i will garantuee you that this will happen ;)

One of the most fun setups i run was farming on a tamer while monitoring a recall miner, while fishing on the 3rd client.
    Gold/Hour... out of this world man.
  14. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

Wow! This thread has become a fascinating read for me. There is a lot I didn't know since I stopped playing UO back in 2003-4. It has turned out to be a mini game manual. Thank you guys. Keep posting !!!!!! :)
  15. noxy

noxy Member

I'm still not certain how you get AMIBs, can you only get it from fishing nets in deep sea? Can you get them afk fishing from town etc.
    Rheanon likes this.
  16. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Yeah! A treasure of info for me too! Great reading all this stuff!
    Rheanon likes this.
  17. Erza Scarlet

You need to be on the high sea to fish them up.
    They will drop onto the body of shipwreck krakens, once youve killed them.

You have a VERY little chance to fish them on regular fishing (on the high sea ofc)
    They spawn significantly faster if you use Special Fishing Nets however.

Note: Fishing Nets can be used by everyone, so you can take your tamer to fish with them too.
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got back into fishing recently. It's not about the gold for me though and it really shouldn't be for anyone else.
    It just opens doors to many different facets of the game and allows me to focus on getting some "work" done at the same time.
    I just can't camp houses anymore like I used to. So fishing it is... yay.

I found a old note though I think anyone thinking about getting into fishing might find valuable.

long very casual day of fishing
    threw all nets when I got them
    green amib 1 169000
    red amib 1 62000
    platinum 2 20000
    gold 13494 13494
    horned 1100 3300
    MIB 19 19000
    Map (1's) 18 18000
    rope 1 1000
    barbed 150 3750
    total liquidated gold 309544
    that is *** **** awful... holy **** that's terrible

I left the note in there as it captures my first emotional response after seeing it all lined out.
    I of course know better now. Again, it's not about the gold. The sea... sometimes she's good to you, other times she's not.

I'm sticking with it and decided it's a long game. I think that fishing really isn't something that should be calculated as "gold per hour".

Either way be it mining or fishing or anything else for that matter. So long as it's not a mind numbing grind. That's the gaff my friends... don't burn yourself out.

G'luck
    Spankrox, Basoosh, Kalvasflam and 2 others like this.
  19. Erza Scarlet

Im almost 100% certain that these numbers are off.
  20. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member