Question. Got my first aMib last night..

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ningauble, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

A red one. The guide says its easy. How easy? Like soloable for a decent peace dexxer or maybe bring the missus along with hers too? I don't want to chance biting off more than I can chew but I'm anxious to do it.
    newme and Cheapsuit like this.
  2. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

It would be fairly difficult for a solo peace dexxer. With two, it would definitely be doable. The bartender and the captain have a lot of hps and they are quite difficult to bard, so make sure to bring a repond weapons if you have any and repond instruments.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Aye, if you have repond weapons and instrument, you could easily solo it. I've gotten completely ruined with my provo tamer on a red amib once but it was mostly my own folly.

A few words of advice, you are on a timer that is about as long as a decay timer for things on the ground. Bring a pouch with most of your resources in it and leave it at the res-ankh and vendor, so if you die, you can run back there and grab enough gear to get back to your body. For example, leave a few spare instruments (GM or better) and enough reagents/bandages to get through to your body.

Good luck and definitely bring your wife if she's playing. It would be a fun thing to do as a couple if you're both into it :)
    newme likes this.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Thanks a bunch for the advice gentlemen, especially you Blaise. I hadn't considered leaving behind an "oh shit" bag. I will do that most definitely. Unfortunately I'm lean on Reponds of any kind so GM and vanq will have to do. I'll bring my wife along fer sure and maybe see if my old friend Balla is available to add some extra horsepower to the mix.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

LOL, that's cheating. Balla has the ironman for that level already. :p (ie: he solo'd it)
    newme likes this.
  6. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

I actually coached Balla on how to accomplish the Red aMIB.

Scratch that, I actually coached Balla on how to do everything...in-game, AND, IRL.

Balla will confirm this.
  7. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Lol thats right. I forgot that you too are old Sonoma Mobo. I was in factions with Balla and Lefty. First as friendenemies then eventually I joined em in SL.
  8. compsays

compsays Active Member

Amirite in thinking my chances of soloing a blue AMIB with a character who has no music-based skills at all (either my mage or my fencer/healer) is practically zilch?
  9. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

Hey Ningauble,

To add to what's already been said:

Reds are pretty easy (even solo!), once you know how to approach everything. The best tip I can give you is to watch videos of some of the other folks who have done them to see where the tricky spots are. Google "amib UOR guide" or some variation and you'll get a couple great guides.

If you're not looking for an Ironman run through (solo, with some limitations), I'd be happy to tag along and run through it with ya. I am not so poor in gold, nor in moral character that I'd cheat you on anything, but that's up to you. I live for the adventure and meeting cool people, not the pixels. In fact, I think I've got one that we could do a practice run on if you'd like to get it figured out before you make your own attempt.

Or... just go explore it yourself and figure it out as you go. There's fun in that as well!

Anyway, enjoy. They can be pretty fun to add to all the other fun things to do here at UOR.

Cheers,

-Aragorn
    compsays likes this.
  10. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

This thread is almost 4 years old o_O
    Zyler and Hollywood like this.
  11. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

Epic. Fail.

/sheepish
    Hollywood likes this.
  12. compsays

compsays Active Member

....is the information badly out of date?
  13. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Blue is the toughest imo. Without provo... oufff.
    compsays likes this.
  14. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Blue is definitely tough to do as an introduction to AMIBs.
    compsays likes this.
  15. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

You simply won't have the time to finish it with all the time you spend kiting and not just doing DPS.
    compsays likes this.
  16. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

meet me at the docks and I'll show you what to do. Oh and make sure it's in your main pack, it'll make showing you much easier.
  17. compsays

compsays Active Member

Cheers for the help, guys. I'll save the blue one for a rainy day, maybe when I've joined a guild, and do it as part of a group.