Question on Ice White

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

The recent sales of the prepatch stuff makes me wonder why we can't have ice white furny or hair? I like the hue, and I'd like to petition for it to be put back in.
    Basoosh likes this.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Seconded. I would love some ice white furniture. Anyone know why it got axed?
  3. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Me and some friends really like it too. The problem is there are those veteran players that have strong voices that dont like any color in their UO experence. I would love to see ice white hair dye and ice white furnature returned, I mean, really is ice white anymore outlandish then neon green hair?
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't see much of an issue with it for hair personally. Furniture however, should remain as restricted as it is, if not moreso.

Go take a gander at 'another shard' that has unlimited use furniture tubs that use the same palette as the clothing tub, for an example of what many players, new and old alike, never want to see here.

Stranger, you have no one to blame but yourself, for not being a veteran here and having discussions about these things in the early days. If it helps, several veterans are a fan of the ice white. I'm not really but if you want to buy some furniture charges of the 1153, I can oblige for like 80 billion gold per charge.
  5. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

I would feel the same way if I had the now valuable white furnature in my stockpile. I wanted a furnature tub to dye a set of kegs with, but once I seen the pallet I was put off. There is not a good white color for the white keg, and the only orange colors look almost like unhued kegs when dyed. If anything I would suggest making the tubs much, much more expensive, and adding some color to them. I mean, ice white cloth is pretty easy to obtain here, so everyone could be running around with ice white robes and cloaks if they wanted to flood the shard with the color. Just my two cents. Im not looking for a heated debate, just speaking my opinion on the matter.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

If there were a 'nasty/too bright hue' turn in/reward system, I would no longer have any. Until then, the pieces obtained through other people quitting (see what this stuff does to ya), is merely part of the hoard of things that I don't care about because I'll never really use.

In fact, Chris, can we please make pre-patch hued items more valuable on the CUB system?
    kthx
  7. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

some things are jusy so close to that borderline of "when things went wrong"that they scare me, Im sure its the same for some others. Im not a veteran HERE, however, I am a veteran of the game :)
    Liberation likes this.
  8. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member

I disagree. I keep my kegs in chests:

[​IMG]

But the hue works, IMO, great on the kegs too:

[​IMG]

Gotta say I disagree with this too

[​IMG]
    Cynic likes this.
  9. Basoosh

• The color is available in cloth. If the color is too outlandish for furniture, then it's too outlandish for clothes too.
    • We don't have unlimited use furni-dye tubs here and I can only assume never will. Each dye charge still costs 3 plat. Due to this cost, dyed furniture of any color will never be rampant.
    • If I want to make my house look like an eye-sore, I don't need ice white to do it (it already is, but that is beside the point). There are plenty of other ridiculous colors already available. Like aqua. And pink.
    • There's already a fair amount of ice white furniture around.
    Stranger and Dalavar like this.
  10. marine1217

marine1217 Member

There is ice furniture being sold as we speak in the trade forum... I think we need some more practical furniture.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like an eyesore on clothes, nearly as much as literally any furniture piece.

Regardless of cost, if you make neon/super ice available, it will be rampant.

Certainly your choice to make your house look like an eye-sore. It doesn't mean the staff should accommodate furthering that end. You can see examples of the ice white, ultra red and green hues around the world and whether or not anyone agrees with me, I think they look like ass.

Like I said, add rare hue items to CUB, and there will be a ton fewer ice white furniture pieces, among others.
  12. Basoosh

I guess... why? I wear ice white. The only difference in my opinion is my character is a movable object that everyone gets to see. Meanwhile, the ice white bookshelf locked up in a tower for a house deco competition will be seen only by a few. It's the same color on about the same sized object.

My point is you will never see craziness like you see on other shard, which is what your original argument was. All dyes still cost 3 plat a pop. That's a considerably large investment to dye furniture for even just one house.

I'm sure some would agree with you, and I'm sure some would disagree. My problem is we have a double standard with it being available for clothes, but 'too-neon' for furniture. It either is, or it isn't.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I don't know why, it just doesn't look as crappy on clothing as it does on furniture. Perhaps because furniture just looks ghastly in most bright hues and clothes are always going to have wildly variable colors, sorta like real life.

You're absolutely right, you will never see craziness like other shards because of these restrictions put in place. The cost of 3 platinum per charge is effectively jack shit in the grand scope of things (ie: not even remotely close to 'considerably large investment'. There are 38,000+ platinum pieces on the shard RIGHT NOW.

It's not a double standard because they are completely different items. Having different standards for different item types is obviously in the intent of the administration.

Also: Fewer than 1200 yards of 1150 ice white cloth is currently on the shard. This cannot be purchased through any means and requires work to get it. With the sheer amount of tailorbodwhoring going on, that is a surprisingly small amount. I'd be so bold as to guess that was absolutely the intention.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  14. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  15. Urza

Urza Active Member

No more ICE WHITE FURNITURE! BLAZE FURNITURE ICE GREEN BLUE YELLOW ORANGE.... What is wrong with you guys!
  16. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

My 2 cents on hues:

While I'm no fan of ultra bright neons and such, I also have found that frankly I just don't care.

But, does no one else find it ironic that in an open world sandbox game, people are violently opposed to as non-effecting and neutral of a choice as what color to hue some things? Seems like the definition of irony to me.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

When cats shit in the sandbox or stupid kids drag dumb toys into the sandbox, I am more than ok with removing them, or scaring them off before they have the chance to.
    Kochampftt likes this.
  18. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

what Blaise said..... that is all.
  19. Marbles

Marbles Member

YA! when some kid gets in my public sandbox, if I don't like the colours of his clothes, I kick the shit out of them and tell them what is what.

You tell them!

Colour fascism forever!!!!111

20. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Never understood it. People act like Color is a horrible, horrible thing in UO. As time passes the shard is getting less and less colorful. Ice white easter bunny last year, dark blue ugly hue this year. Ice white furnature in the past, dull dark colors now. Pink items on cupid last year, darker more neutral hue this year. I dont get it, if you dont want any color on the shard yank out all the color and put us in dull npc clothing like old style UO man otherwise let us get some color! Guys are walking around with neon green hair and neon red beard wearing an ice white robe and bright pink sandals but I cant get me no ice white bookshelf unless I pay tons of cash. There is a difference to me in having an actual yellow dyed keg, and having ice blue or fire colored items. Yellow kegs and ice white hair dont feel out of era to me like fire and ice blue colored items do.
    Basoosh likes this.