Questions about Marble house with Patio

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blendax, May 6, 2019.

1. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hey everyone,

I currently have an L-shape house, but I'm considering looking for a large marble with patio. Just looking for any feedback from anyone who currently owns, or has owned, one. How are they in terms of usable space? Can the patio be truly secured (ie .. am I attackable out there? Can containers be opened if too close to the edge?) How about ladders to the roof? Is that easy to do?

It seems pretty open to me, so I'm naturally concerned about security.
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I love mine and there's more than enough space to leave all my items, I've set it up so that the bottom floor is public, while the second floor and roof are accessible only by key/lockdowns. I don't have much stuff to put in there so it might be just me, but I imagine for most players that there's more than enough space for your day to day needs.

Yeah I guess it can if you fence the edge with ovens to block LoS, but typically people will be able to attack you as long as there's LoS. That being said, I've idled on my roof for hours and no one's ever killed me.

As for containers, I believe they *can* be opened, but you cannot interact with them to actually move/loot them. If you feel unsure, just move your containers one tile from the edges and it should be safe.

It's very easy if you know the trick of placing a ladder on a ladder (Took me about 2 minutes to get a ladder from the ground floor patio to the roof), but if you are trying from scratch, expect to spend a few hours on it!
  3. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

You can try it out on the test server.

Personally I think they're an eyesore and cant even fathom why they were ever included.They stick out like a sore, throbbing, bloody thumb.