Questions for the cool kids...

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Aya, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Aya

Aya Active Member

So, I geared up a little. Of course gear does not equal skill or knowledge so I have a question or 2, hell maybe 3.

I am wearing an invulnerability Orc helm, does that have an effect on my mana regen.? On some servers you could passive med through them with no penalty.

I am always mana starved. Should I be sitting back more after a combo rather than trying to cast more and conserve?

Obviously, CTF is not the field. I would just like to contribute more. Any suggestions are helpful.

<3 Aya
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I suspect the orc helm will have a severe impact on your mana regeneration - probably the same as metal.

When I play a mage character - even a tank mage, who has some weapon capabilities to deal damage if low on mana - I often need to sit back and regain mana, or meditate if possible. It is definitely a limiting factor in the CTFs, given their duration.
  3. Aya

Aya Active Member

Thanks, Dalavar.

Switched out the helm and mana was a bit better tonight...I mean, I still am terrible but at least I had a bit more mana. I will get there eventually...maybe
    Mes likes this.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would test that. Perhaps it's counted like studded leather and impedes meditation, but orc helms are a leather-based item (were once able to dye them with the leather dye tub) and personally I don't feel they should impede med.
    That being said, you can get an orc mask instead of an orc helm to keep the look and be totally sure.

The best way to regen all your mana in CTF is to just go die, if you have an issue with Med.
  5. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Wrong. There's a difference between Orc helm and orc mask. One gives armor, but is not dyeable and the other gives no armor, but looks the same and can be dyed. If you're wearing the one that gives armor it most certainly will cripple your mana regen.
  6. Mandevu

Correction, I'm not 100% certain that you can't dye an orc helm that gives armor. I do know there is a difference between the two even though they look the same. As I said, one gives armor and impedes med rate, and the other is for show only, and will not affect your med.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You can no longer dye orc helms. This was once possible with leather dye tubs but has since been patched out.
  8. Mandevu

Right, but you can dye Orc masks that look just like the helms, but provide no AR.

By 'dye' I'm strictly referring to the use of special mask dyes achieved through BODs.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Right, I know that. I was just helping you be %100 regarding dying of orc helms.
    Mandevu likes this.
  10. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Yes I am eating my dessert. How do you eat yours, with your hands??
  11. The hound

The hound Active Member

Am I missing something here? Orc helm looks badass like an orcs skull and orc mask is like a pigs face..

They look nothing alike
  12. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

We also have orc masks that look like the helms here. They do look badass and you can meditate in them (unlike the helms.)