Questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Double Vision, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Is there a way to change SL horses to a better green? The color green now is like a god awful faded green lol, maybe darker or verite color. Tb & minax & Com have cool color war horses SL is like eww.

Also I'm in SL and i killed a TB and Wulvers character who is also is in SL went to loot his stuff back off him and got GW , Shouldn't the coarpse be orange to him too to loot ?

One last thing, when I killed a faction he can come out of stat and fight again but I cant get points again for hours so there really is no point to fight him, I think you should be able to get a point when they are out of stat and fighting again.

Thieves stealing sigs while in stat... hmm whats the point of stat for thieves, this is a no no.

That is all for now :p
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah it was blue to me, didn't notice until after getting whacked. Kinda sucks, I dont understand why you can't let everyone loot, if you partake in fighting that individual do you get to loot or is it just the killer?

I would like to see faction kills along with faction points. The kills can just be a tally of who you killed and dont really add much bonus, the points are for ranking etc. The point should be on a shorter timer, people with -6 need to leave and rejoin. lol
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

*Bump* for response.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

So we need to take a week break? That sounds a tad worse than the original 20min statloss.
    Perhaps when the shard has more players in Factions and we're not losing points duelling each other, or just randomly fighting around town, it will be more significant. As it stands, what does it really mean? Nothing but rank in the faction. You should not increase in rank burning the same newb (me) over and over. You should have to fight people with more skill (ie: kill points) in order to get more killpoints. I think the system there is sound, but seeing kills/deaths in regards to Factions as a bonus statistic or leaderboard would be cool. Perhaps even sigil theft, corruption, returns, things like that. Don't know what's possible, but Faction Leaderboards sound sweet in my head.

I agree thieves in stat should not be able to steal sigils.

Not sure on the loot thing but I think only the person dealing the killing blow should be able to loot. This isn't O/C, it's a bit more organized. That being said, there are definitely bugs in the flagging for various things on the shard. I'm sure it will get dialed in time but good to note it for investigation.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

yea but it's kinda pointless you kill 4 people and your done getting points for 6 or 12 hour or w/e it is & have to continue fighting without any faction reward. If your outta stat, Stocked back up and wanna go back out to fight again then be prepared to lose another one. Not talking about res killing to get points, Talking about the people who died stocked up is out of stat and out fighting again. I under stand -6 points but if i kill someone with 50 points and get a point I can't get another one for hours and hours so he has hours and hours to get that point back if i stay on to fight, theres no way to kill him and have addtional points incase he does kill me evetually.

Also btw nice edit on the quote but i didn't say people with -1 points need to rejoin wulver did. Obviously you don't care about points your - 6, we are talking about people who have postive points that can get points. To some of us it's important, to the very few it's not.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Heh, my bad, I misquoted, it wasn't intentional, just a formatting error.
    Point being (no pun intended), the Faction Rank Points you're talking about are not the only purpose of Factions. Getting back into the fight after 10 (previously 20) minutes is specifically to allow, and promote, continual battle over town sigils. That being the primary function of Factions, and the Rank being an ancillary, but highly relevant part as well.
    I get what you mean, and I can't say I played in Factions OSI, but there's gotta be 'pointless' players as well. (yes, I realize I call myself pointless) What you're effectively asking for is to only see seasoned veterans on the field, ready to cycle the same combo over and over for 20 minutes until....I digress.
    The entire premise of a ranking system is due to various levels of skills. The bottom of the barrel is essential to support the existence of the middle and top. :)
  7. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

ya I know the reason for why it went from 20 minutes to lower cause it was my idea I pitched telamon but hours and hours to get a point was never like that on OSI so I can only assume that it is a runuo default mechanic that has yet to be changed. Alot of people would like to see this happen , me included. Can't make both pparties happy, One who doesn't want it changed amongst the many who do. Besides Points matter to people, To people that points don't matter to this change shouldn't be a problem.
  8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Caps/steals would be a great stat Blaise. Points give you the ability to do things in factions, that is why I find it a bit valuable.
  9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Regarding thieves being able to steal a sigil while in stat-loss, this will be restricted in an upcoming patch, you should not be able to steal a sigil while suffering from faction stat-loss.

On the topic of earning points from previous faction kills, at this time we have no intentions of decreasing the waiting period in which a player must wait before they are eligible to earn honor (points) from the same player again. This system is in place to deter point-farming, which already takes place occasionally and is frowned upon. Also, a player who is at a deficit of -6 points will never be worth any honor to any player, regardless of if they've been killed by said player recently or not. The player will need to reach at least a deficit of -5 or better in order to be considered worthy of honor in combat.
  10. Messiah

Messiah New Member

I agree make faction points obtainable when out of stat. Shouldn't restrict the player who actually works for his points as a fix for the lamers who farm points.