Time to be a casual gamer

Discussion in 'Knights of Sosaria [KoS]' started by Lightshade, Jul 15, 2016.

1. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So, I finally get to the point where I can come back to find my guild gone and this thread in its place. This is some seriously messed up stuff.
    Beethoven, Lightshade and One like this.
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

go find ducky they started a new guild.
    Beethoven and PaddyOBrien like this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Beethoven likes this.
  4. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

So uhh, what happens to all the stuff people donated to the KoS guild hall? Will everything be returned or is it just Lightshade's now?

Also, since Lightshade quit, shouldn't he drop his homes and delete his characters?

I call bullshit. Lightshade just threw a tantrum and will be back. If he really quit he would have deleted/dropped everything. The fact that he hasn't done any of this shows he is just a whiney baby who doesn't give a fuck about the guild he created.

TL:DR Lightshade didn't quit, he just screwed his guild and will be back after he gets his ego under control.
    One likes this.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

barts so thirsty to loot those houses

<edited>
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
    One, Xegugg and Lightshade like this.
  6. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

It has been my experience that good people do not consistently assume such insensical and negative things about others...
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Caska VS Trees, TheDarkOne and Xegugg like this.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

I will ask my question again since you failed to answer it...

So uhh, what happens to all the stuff people donated to the KoS guild hall? Will everything be returned or is it just Lightshade's now?
  9. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Man its really none of your business and doesnt deserve a reply. I personally have had you in my voice server in 2014 telling me that you looted mutombo's accounts and he wanted his stuff back but was 'being a bitch about it' and asking what we thought you should do.

The KoS stone is a well known/liked landmark and i'd expect the items raised as a group for its decoration to remain there.

I didn't ask for the statue of fender fellhammer back when jupiter stopped playing. It belongs where it is.

Since we both know you didnt contribute to the kos guildhall maybe you should leave that up to the ones that did.
  10. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

@Mes gets it.

For those of you that were unawares of the situation, the guild had a serious problem with spies that had infiltrated the guild. They were using these ALTS in the KoS Guild to scout kills and had caused over 16 players to literally quit the shard and had caused one of our most prominent guild members to completely quit the guild because he got tired of them scouting him via guild chat, Ventrilo, and UOAM.

We tried, for several months to figure out who these spies were, but failed to find them all as they were using proxy servers and throwaway accounts. 300 members (before the bad apples that we did find were booted) proved too daunting a task to sort through. The guild stone wiping was going to happen regardless of anything else in order to start fresh and to cleanse the spies from the ranks. That was lost in the nonsense that happened at the same time as this, but I thought that everyone should know the real reason that the stone was wiped clean.

It had nothing to do with disagreements with others.

Then, after the wipe, the gang wanted to start fresh, so it remained wiped and they attempted to start a spinoff guild and storyline. At any time, the gang could have taken up the stone and started adding people. They chose not to, not I. At any time, the gang could have demanded that the entire library be divided up, torn down, and carted off... They chose not to. In fact, I had nearly a dozen people (that actually contributed) ask to keep everything standing in the library and various other buildings for people to use, for history, and for the hope of getting it all running again someday. Shortly after that, life just kind of took people in different directions. No one wanted the headaches of running a big guild. So things were left as they were.

Perhaps things may change in the future, but that is why things are the way that they are. There was no betrayals of good friends. There was no stealing of items and coveting of pixels. There was none of the tom foolery that some of the low lifes hoped to profit off of by stoking the flames of drama in classless fashion. It was just the end of a chapter. Perhaps the next chapter will be written someday. Perhaps it will be a lot of fun writing it even.

In the meantime, life goes on and we'll all probably be the same.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Beethoven likes this.