raising int....

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by burgle, Feb 10, 2016.

1. burgle

burgle Member

I started here a week ago and have been trying to get a pvp character built but one thing is irking the crap out of me.

My toon has 100 magery, 100 meditation, 95 magic resist, 80 inscription, and 50 freakin intelligence..............it's basically taking forever to finish off resist because it takes so damn long to regen mana at 50 int.

I started to macro up spirit speak to get from 35-40 int, but it wasn't doing anything, 1 int gain out of 25 skill points. I macroed up evalint from 0 to 50, again, squat for int gains.

What gives???
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Knowledge gives.

Anyway,

Buy all skills from NPC's until skill cap (700)
    Ensure that your preferred method (skill) of choice is at zero (herding, camping, snooping, spirit speak)
    Once 700 skill points and the aforementioned is at absolute zero, if not zero, place them down and buy NPC skills to drop (once at cap)
    Begin macro, in your case spirit speak and perhaps herding (optional)

With skill cap at max and spirit speak of zero, you reap the benefits of low skill attribute gains.
  3. burgle

burgle Member

Are skills no faster to gain prior to having 700 points? Most other places I've played you wanted to do resist, magery, scribe while your total points were under 700 because gains were faster.....it's not that way here?

Also I herded first before I did anything else and got to 95str and only 20 int.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

5. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

There's an annoying gatekeeping mechanic that you have to follow to raise your stats here, which wylwrk took you through. Personally, I don't understand why we need stats to take forever to rise when playing the game unless we do some goofy "buy-all-skills-to-700 and then it only takes 2 hours to macro" trick.
    wylwrk likes this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Well, @Alice Asteroid , considering how often I delete/make new characters it could qualify as a gold sink. Ha!
  7. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Herding works very well for int imo.

as wylwork already said, get up to 700 points (make sure none of them is in Herding), lock them and point the arrow of Herding up.
    Grab a crook and macro herding on a sheep for the next 1-2 hours.

Btw, resist gains are slow here if you do it by yourself. 95 is pretty much half of the way, but good enaugh to start pvp with (some ppl roll with 90 and having success)
    There are player hosted free resist events every now and then, i would GM resist there ;)
  8. sita69

sita69 New Member

Lmao! I feel like such an idiot. Since I've started here, I've always thought your signature was so strange... Now that I'm working taming, I know what you mean!
    wylwrk likes this.
  9. Christoph Brock

Christoph Brock Well-Known Member

I got my int to 93 through gm'ing magery/resist, and then peaked it by camping. Give it a shot.
  10. TiMi

TiMi Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As wylwrk said, the see-saw method works wonders.

I do this with all my new chars and have max stats in around 1-2 hours tops.

Alot easier to train magery with 100 iNT i might add :)

Regards
    TiMi
    wylwrk likes this.
  11. burgle

burgle Member

I had another question. Yesterday I was blade spiriting cupids army and fizzled BS on 3 separate occasions with 100 magery.... fizzle a 5th circle spell with 100 magery...how does that make sense? Wearing nothing but leather....
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

It doesn't.

Make sense that is... something was happening. You're going to not fail 5th circle casts with GM magery.

Check arm/disarm macros and options in razor.

You also never reported your results if you happened to attempt the aforementioned methods of raising stats I prescribed :p
  13. burgle

burgle Member

Haven't tried it yet.

Been playing dexxer trying to make $$ and just left the mage macroing. I just filled up the 700 points naturally on the char so ready to finish int off tonight. It's at 86 int. Kinda stopped macroing resist after hitting 97.7 and today Im macroing wrestle/anat. Cupids don't miss arrows when you dont have wrestling hehe, opened the door coming out of wrong and insta death.