RANDOMSTEAL adjustments

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by yaadood, Dec 13, 2012.

1. yaadood

yaadood Member

The following information from Publish 7 (http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_7 - Sept. 3rd, 2000) should be considered for our shard.

I ran a thief mage on OSI every day for years. Using the random steal in PvP was extremely effective. Here on this shard, something is wrong. On this shard, I constantly get the sysmessage of "You can't steal that." Randomsteal is supposed to ignore reg bags and not try to steal something that is typically 50+stones. It also ignored spellbooks on random steal. You would get a sysmessage on osi on a TARGETED steal of a spellbook that said, "That item has no value to you." NOT "You can't steal that." Something is awry with the system and that cannot be disputed. "You can't steal that" should not account for over 50% of attempts. If they only have a trapped pouch in their bag the sysmessage was something like "Theres nothing for you to steal"

I remember being able to steal regs/potions out of reg pouches with RANDOM steal during combat. Just pop their trapped pouch and its contents were fair game. I am trying to find patch notes on this, but there is a lack of stealing notes- but nothing indicating that it's wrong either.
  2. GONG

GONG Member

I also noticed this issue. It was pretty annoying to say the least. What is the servers stance on razor targeted steals? Makes for a nice thief mage that can target consumables, while sacrificing the ability of knowing what is in the pack.

I loved my thief mage. He ended up turning into my main. Some of my best fights were with him. I remember one that lasted for almost 25 minutes of back and forth black pearl/reg stealing. I always believed thieves had a bum rap, with the ability of the mark to cover everything in their pack (spellbooks, death robes), and think that it was a legit way to protect themselves. It really detracts from the stealing skill.

I used the OSI last target macro with a dagger target macro. Worked well, but if someone does not wish to utilize snooping, random steal is a must.