Ransacked!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Willy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So....you would like to tell people how to spend THEIR gold?

Sounds legit and totally fair.
  2. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Just from a different culture is all. I'm from the ruthless streets of Moonglow, where I was murdered and robbed of everything excluding my draws on a daily basis.
  3. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

cool story bro.
  4. Cheapsuit

You of all people should know it's true. Not sure if you were on siege back when Toyota played. That dude was ruthless and tortured me daily.
  5. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Well if you want to ransac me again now would be the time! lol don't have much left!
    All and all a good experience. Learned a few lesions. Still going to play (as much as my wife's let's me) and maybe one day I'll get my revenge. (Probably not)
    Puck and BlackEye like this.
  6. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Cheapsuit all that was offered to this player was a small sum of 500k and proper house security.

We could all be ruthless but man this game is old and the player base has matured. We would only harm the server population if we were dicks all the time
  7. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I was about to type.

Beat me too it.

For someone who's actively trying to "make factions great again" @Cheapsuit - you should really understand better the benefit of keeping the players we do have, and things like this, for a new player or a forum lurker who is on the fence - is an incredibly positive thing to see.

I'm not saying we all have to go around hugging and putting flowers in our hair, far from it, but let's not forget that we are ultimately all in this together.
    Aragorn - OCT, Cheapsuit, RIN and 2 others like this.
  8. Cheapsuit

Yeah maybe I was a bit harsh, but I really enjoyed the brutalness of my new days. The shit turned me into a killer, I would love to be that here but the stat loss thingy is kinda scary, and the revealing from using ethy's is just not attractive to me.
  9. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Burning off counts is easy man, fly into the danger zone and get some reds!

And I don't think your comments were harsh as such, maybe just misplaced. I'd save it for the next person who comes in here and does a "I'm new give me a house and gold" post, of which I have seen a few. You can let them have the constructive harshness in my opinion. That's the best part of the game for a lot of people I think, the starting out part and hustling, picking cotton, wearing mish mash armour using weapons of might against orcs and running when an orcish mage pops up because you have 31 resist - let those people have the harshness and help them come to the conclusion that charity is ultimately going to damper their enjoyment.

This dude? Had a crappy thing happen, was a cool dude about it and people just wanted to help brush him down and get him back on his feet and I think situations like that and how the community reacts is paramount to our collective success and a testament to our awesomeness.
    BlackEye and Godric Greycliff like this.