Rare animals spawn

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by AlexHell Slayer, May 10, 2019.

1. AlexHell Slayer

AlexHell Slayer Active Member

I have a doubt about this. Although I have seen the spots on rune librarys (and followed and captured many of them), my doubt is: can they spawn ANYWHERE in the world where an equivalent normal animal spawns? For example... I have tamed the bloodthirsty bull at Jhelom pens... but I already tamed it on Ocllo. That's bull spawn places. I also tamed a Flying monkey at fire dungeon... and another one by the cave troll. Let's say... where mongbats spawn. So, basically... every time an animal is removed from spawn point (wether it is tamed or killed), is it possible for the equivalent rare animal of that kind to spawn at that place? Because if that should be the case... then a lot of animals could spawn in so MANY more places than the runebook libraries say.... making it possible (and enjoyable) to stroll all over the world.

Also... can rare animals spawn more than once? if a flying monkey spawns in a dungeon and nobody finds it... can a second flying monkey spawn at a different location, while the first monkey is still active and untamed?
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Every time a mongbat is removed (killed or tamed) there is a %chance that a flying monkey will spawn in its place. Telamon wont reveal the percentages behind these things, and apparently there is some sort of global check to insure that 50 flying monkeys are not out all at once. There is alot of math behind the whole system but it all boils down to; kill stuff for a chance to spawn zookeeper rares.
    Zyler likes this.
  3. AlexHell Slayer

AlexHell Slayer Active Member

Great, that is what I thought. I'll choose a nice location with good spawns, and start a massacre. Tnx Keza!