razor just wont work

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Cheech, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Cheech

Cheech New Member

New to the forum but have played UO for quite some time. I can not for the life of me get razor to work. I have tried everything I can do following advice from on here and google search. It worked fine before but havent played in a couple years. Just wanted to know if there was a different one I can use here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thx!
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Mac or PC?
  3. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Hey Cheech. Try getting rid of all previous version of UO and Razor and then reinstall using the UOR install package which you can find here http://www.uorenaissance.com/download. The top option will install UOAM and razor along with the game client. Best of luck!
  4. Halabinder

Come on Vlar... If this guy was a mac user he would end his post with: I'm using a MBP 15" 201X BLAH BLAH BLAH Pink Snow Mountain Lion of Yosemite, Esquire.
    Vlar likes this.
  5. Cheech

Cheech New Member

lol Halabinder. I am on windows 7 64bit. i have uninstalled and reinstalled quite a few times now. I have gone through every page on here and seems like everywhere on google and nothing seems to work. Just says razor has quit responding looking online for solution. I downloaded UO the last couple times from here and still nothing. im beging to think there is just something up with my computer and mabey if i did a reinstall of windows, mabey that would work. I'm not that great with computers but know enough to get around them. I am lost otherwise.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

:p:p:p
  7. Cheech

Cheech New Member

I just seen another post about turning off anti virus while downloading file. think this is my last hope!

it was a long shot i guess but still not workning
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  8. Halabinder

A Windows user has hope until he has re-installed the OS imho.
  9. Cheech

Cheech New Member

So what your saying is to leave the OS alone and figure out what is exactally going on? Not sure if it matters but when I look inside the razor folder, most the files are from different dates going as far back as 1996. The language file is the only current file. Again I'm not that great with computers so mabey I am doing something wrong. I am pretty confident I did all the suggested things to do from this forum, also tried to google it but its pretty much all the same info I get here. downloaded the all in one file you get from here and followed the instructions to the T. Still shows not responding. Would love to resolve this, I can still log in but without razor I'm lost. lol
    Here is the problem details if that helps.

Description
    Stopped working
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Razor\Razor.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: razor.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.13.4
    Problem Signature 03: 4e1a2464
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4d8c1599
    Problem Signature 07: 358c
    Problem Signature 08: 24
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 2187348740
  10. Halabinder

I was actually suggesting the opposite. Razor is having issues installing/running on your current OS even after you remove and reinstall it, so installing it on a fresh OS seems to be the logical way to go... Depending on how badly you want to play of course ;)
  11. Cheech

Cheech New Member

Depending on how badly you want to play of course

Looks like I'll do a reinstall then! lol. Now I just have to find the disk and figure out how to do it. I've never done it myself.
  12. Halabinder

If it is a laptop that came with installation CDs/partition it will be easy as it will contain all the drivers. If it is a pieced together desktop and you don't have the drivers for the parts handy it may be a bit of a pain in the arse. Good luck bro!
  13. Cheech

Cheech New Member

pain in the arse it is! pieced together desktop. I do think I still have most the disks though. Thx for the help.
  14. mafghine

mafghine Active Member

Run in admin mode?
  15. Cheech

Cheech New Member

I've tried admin mode, in the problems report in windows I have a list of razor errors all the same of course but say no solution found. again dont know if that helps or not.

Well I thought I checked everything...windows update was turned off. updated the computer and there it is.
    razor is up and running!!!
    I'm not that great with computers but I was going over everything, don't know why I didn't think about it before as I had seen updates turned off but it didn't register into my head I guess.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Halabinder and Vlar like this.
  16. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

w00t!
    Cheech likes this.
  17. Halabinder

WIN
    Cheech likes this.