razor link old...there is no compat option

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Blakheart, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Blakheart

Blakheart New Member
    UO:R Subscriber

cant find anywhere to make it run xp svc pack 3. that was an option in old razor..don't see it in the version included in the dload :) I am basing this on the link you posted in my reply about screen size etc. I also don't see the user acct control option, nor the run as admin option in razor. I can of course open razor using the run as admin option.
    Thanks for your help..also I would still appreciate recommended game size windows for my 22 widescreen if anyone has found a good setting!
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Rather than the shortcut link on the desktop navigate to the exe in your folder, If you used the all in one installer it should be C:\Program Files\Razor

Then you can alter settings there

[​IMG]

I have my screen set at 1100 x 900 seems to be the biggest i can get it with out getting too many black blocks / stripes when moving

[​IMG]
  3. Blakheart

Blakheart New Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thank you Samorite. Since I run 64-bit...should I move the razor file to the x86 folder?

edit: tried moving it and changing to svc pack 3 compat, etc. Did everything in the razor troubleshooting guide also. Nothing makes a difference. Force game size in razor does nothing, no visible changes. Its when I try fullscreen mode that I get the flashes. The regular screen mode is just too small to play for me dangit.

Edit: figured a way to do it!!! I have force game size in razor at 1920x1280 (default monitor resolution) and I have to change my monitors desktop resolution to 1280x768. This fills 3/4 of my screen downwards and about half across. No flashing, everything looks beautiful! And I don't have to run fullscreen mode. I don't lose any viewing area and have no black boxes or weird graphic effects. Just gotta remember to reset my desktop to 1920x1080 when I log out :)
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  4. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

The installer puts everything in the normal programs folder as we have had reports of client freezing and crashing in the x86 folder

In your paper doll have you changed the screen settings ?

[​IMG]