Razor Questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zagyg, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

1 - Is there any way to put a conditional End For in a macro loop? I'd like to make it so that my fisherman casts 15 times in one spot but if he gets the message 'The fish don't seem to be biting here.' it ends the loop and he moves on to the next spot. And if I'm not getting that message I don't want it to read the End For and just move on no matter what, which is all I've been able to do so far.

2 - I understand how to launch one macro within another, but is there any way to have the second macro go back to the first macro and pick up where it left off? For example:

Macro 1 [test]

UseSkill Meditation
    Pause 11000
    Exec: Play test2 (which is picking up and dropping a spellbook)
    Pause 1000
    UseSkill Hiding

If written like that, when test2 gets done playing then both macros end and he never uses the Hiding skill. And if I put Exec: Play test at the end of the second macro, it starts over from the beginning again with Meditation.
  2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

When you call another macro, inside of a macro the first one will end. Razor can only play one macro at a time. So you will need to put the hide in the macro test2 or have test2 play yet another macro say test3. Then to complete the loop have the final macro call the first macro.

I'm not sure if it would work but you can put your "end for" in an if statement of its own

If sysmessage biting
    end for
    end if

or

Don't use a for loop at all and just continue to fish untill sys message biting

so

if sysmessage biting
    for (1 to 3) //or however many tiles you want to move
    say forward one
    end for
    else
    fish
  3. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I'm not aware of a means to have Razor pick up in the middle of a macro. The way around this is to subdivide your macro into multiple parts with each subpart calling another. But in the fishing example this isn't needed as you can use an IF statement:
    If sysmsg "The fish don't seem to be biting here" play macro moveon
    Else 2click pole, relative targ
    End If

At the end of the moveon macro have it play the fishing macro again.
  4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks guys. If that's the long and the short of it then I guess it would be best for me to make many macros chaining together instead of one very long one. If you try to contain an End For inside of an If/End If it fails. Always activates the End For part even if the If condition wasn't met.
  5. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I'm not quite sure what the spellbook drop is for, but I Cast my line, wait 14 seconds ( I think it's 14) then cast on other side of boat (gives me 2x the amount of fishing in one spot in a boat) then loop. I have my If set for "not biting" then forward one ( I 5x my forward one)

Also if you are on an alt in the same guild and want to annoy your guildmates, set another if statement. If Health < 95 Say /guildchat HELP ME!!!
    I know to flop screens, turn off my maco and fight or recall my alt to the boat to fight :) just make sure you turn off the macro or itll spamm guild chat every loop lol.
  6. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

I'm fishing from land currently. If I was just moving in one continuous line this would be easier. Thanks though. And the part about dropping a spellbook was just a simple example and has nothing to do with my actual macro. ;)