Reagent Buying Guide: The Simple Way

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Blaise, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello UO:Renaissance!
    I have been in the reagent business for a short time now and it can be rather tedious, depending on how you run it. Some go full auto, but that isn't really my cup of tea, so I've gone semi-auto. If you want to shop for reagents efficiently, I will outline my method. Others are welcome to post their methods or alterations in this thread as well. This can only get better with more feedback and sharing. :)
    Required Components: A container with all of your reagents and piles of gold, inside your bank. Thousands and thousands of gold. A Mage Shop Runebook and a rune to a secluded bank (roof)

Step One: Agents
    Make a Restock Agent with the following Items and Amounts:
    20 Mandrake Root
    20 Sulphurous Ash
    20 Black Pearl
    20 Blood Moss
    5000 GP

Make an Organizer Agent with every reagent type, set the HotBag to the aforementioned container in your bank.

Record a Macro of Double-clicking a moongate AND clicking OK on the gump warning when you leave town (must be recorded IN TOWN and gating OUT OF TOWN). Set that to a Hotkey on the Razor Hotkeys tab.

Now this part gets variable, but I go big because risk is fun. Safety is for nerds:
    Build a Buy Agent with each Reagent listed with 1200 as the amount. (This ensures that you buy everything in stock presently on each NPC)
    Safe Mode: Set all amounts to 333 of each and you will never overload on a properly equipped high strength character (adjust to suit)

Macro to Record:
    Cast Recall, Target Bank Rune,(Insert Pause 1s) SAY "BANK", (Insert pause 0.5s), Organizer Agent #, pause 10s (one for each reagent, 2s to spare, trim as desired), Restock Agent # (Absolute Target the Reagent Container in your bank)

That's it. I manually recall to each mage shop in the book, yell Vendor Buy and hit that macro when I'm full. If I'm overweight and there's piles on the ground, I gate to the bank and use my Gate Macro key to pop through. Once everything is through, I open the bank and Rick Click and select Play From Here on the Organizer Step in the macro. Rinse, repeat, profit.
  2. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

This is so useful, THANK YOU!
  3. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

I thought that the most a vendor could stock was 999?
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Correct.

For those situations where you have more than one vendor to buy from, your restock agent will buy up to the number you set.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Kind of related: does anyone know if there's a way to disable auto withdrawal for large purchases? Sometimes I'll roll into a Mage shop, hit vendor buy, and the vendor will have so much stock that it takes the cash from my bank instead of my pack, causing me to go overweight and often tons of regs spilling to the ground. Is it just a matter of bringing more gold or reducing my buy limits?
  6. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Anything over 2,000gp or 1,999gp (can't remember what happens with 2k exactly) comes out of your bank unless there isn't money there. Buy less than 2k or remove the gold in checks.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Reducing buy limits if you want to stay within the confines of character weight.