Reagent Stones - Plat reward

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Russell, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

This could be a very awesome addition to the shard and also give another plat dump at the 1000 price point. Literally gives you a deed or stone or whatever, you buy regs and add them to the stone, you can then set the stone to give out 25, 50, 100, ect bags of reagents. This would be nifty for just about everyone, guilds, factions, and just people who hate restocking. There would be no negative effect of this so I think it would be a good idea just to encourage death and minimize restock rage.

- You could set accessibility for this stone, friend, co-owner, ect
    - You could add bags and pouches to the stone, and would auto trap them using the stones reagents and they would be red so you know they are trapped!
    - Would cut down on useless shard item counts, the need for bags full of bags and pouches full of pouches
    - Could set it to decay on house decay so people are not obtaining huge reg lots from idocs, keeping the reagent market thriving

It could be a very cool item with no real impact on game breaking mechanics.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    bart simpson, Basoosh, Arawn and 3 others like this.
  2. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Cool idea man.
  3. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

I like it!

Minus the being able to buy reags right from it.....
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Member
    UO:R Donor

I like this idea a lot, 1000 plat seems a little steep though at least from my perspective with a young account age.
  5. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I agree, I did not notice that line in his post.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

A "restock" stone would be cool. Something you could load up with everything your character needs and just dclick to fully load out. I dunno if it could be made to work, but interesting idea none the less.
  7. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Cool idea, but you should not be able to buy anything from the stone, you should have to load the stone up with items. Also, it should not auto-trap pouches. Pouches you load into the stone could retain their trapped status but having it auto-trap for you seems unnecessary and lazy.
    Animal Control and Blaise like this.
  8. Sait

Sait Member

I need that stone right now
  9. Xevec

Xevec Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I agree with Blaise & Pork Fried Rice, if a stone like this were added, you should have to load it up with your own regs.
    MikeK likes this.
  10. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I like the idea, just needs to be thought out more to make sure it's balanced. Plat sinks are good!
  11. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

After more thinking, I am not sure this is a good item. It creates a very safe place to store reagents in mass quantities. A Razor restock agent with a locked down chest full of reagents/potions/pouches would accomplish the same thing and still pose a certain level of risk traditionally involved with UO. If you can't trust your guildies to not clean you out, get some new guildies.

I don't think the benefits are worth the trade-off.
    Blaise and Fraggle like this.
  12. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member

I personally dont think this would appeal to the greater player base @1K plat. Unless, you could buy directly from the stone and have and have auto-trapped pouches.