Recall Mining / Crafter Build

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Daping, May 31, 2020.

1. Daping

Daping Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Hey there !

Since i am making some new macros about Crafting that are linked to my Recall Mining, i though that it would be a cool idea to set up a true "Recall Mining Build" to get the most of it.

Before getting back to UO, i was wondering how to start anew, what to do to make my progression run swift and smooth, what would i need to not loose time etc, so the first thing first, i was looking for a good way to make golds. But like back in the days, before bathing in the blood of the upper monsters, it takes time and it takes skills and i didn't wanted to have to start low by killing harpies and corpser. I checked on server activities and ingots business seemed like a peaceful and quiet way to do things before tears and cries :). So started my first Recall Miner. In this guide it'll try to explain how to set a "RM" from scratch, as if it was for a starter player like me. We'll try to see which paths to take and what can be the best choices to do. (I am nothing like fully optimized that's why exchanging experiences with other players could be cool too ! :):):))

- - START MACRO HERE ! - -

So to start off, we need to build a character, yeah right.. But what skills to put in it ? Mining ? Magery ? The answer is always the same, you need to plan on the long run if you want to make golds. Magery could be a nice idea but you only need 70.1 to not miss Recall anymore, Mining is raising so fast by itself that it doesn't need any point in it. What you really need is self-efficiency and what's best that not having to overload your bank with the shovels you could buy and in exchange try to be self-sufficient to not have to break your Recall Mining macro and run around. So Tinkering was looking like a good choice. Yeah i know some will say that shovels/pickaxe cost more when you make them than if you buy them from a NPC, you are right, until GM and we always plan for a long run. Then for the 2nd skill, what could be more profitable and usefull for your user characters that won't be all Mining, hmmm lot of skills in fact, could be Inscription, Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Alchemy, Carpentry etc... But since we are already making ingots and that we can afford to say that it's pretty expensive (about 300k gps ressource to reach GM), Blacksmith was for me the best choice. So i started my character like this :

-Tinkering : 50
    -Blacksmithing : 50
    -Magery : 0 (just to get a spellbook / regs)

STR : 60
    DEX : 10
    INT : 10

You start with a little more than 1000gps (1200gps i think) so what to do to efficiently use these petty coins. I did the following :

-Train Magery to NPC
    -Train Mining to NPC
    -Buy a single tinkering tool

Then go to Ocllo Caverns and start your Mining work ! As you start with the Young Player status i don't recommend buying a Packed Horse. Since you can only mine iron ore until the end of the 60's level, you won't have that much different type of ore (only the 4 sized iron) to manage, so just pickup the biggest pile and drop it at your feet then drag & drop it when you move. Razor and game option are nice to twink a bit too, let's clear out the view by removing environnement, showing distance and grid so aiming for the 3 tiles away is faster and better. Then mine your heart out to start your little business ! To Mine i am using a simple macro i did find somewhere in the forum (can't find the thread but if you guys find it just give me the link in the comments so i can credit the author). This is the macro :

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you dig some
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3897|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
    Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.7500000
    Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|loosen some rocks
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3897|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
    Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.7500000
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|there is no metal
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000

I know what you will say "Razor doesn't read these text anymore", that's probably right but i don't know how but this macro is still working... It'll just (when you use your mining tool on a spot) mine it until the spot is empty...

I am using 2 simple ingame macro too F7 is for last object (so i can use the shovel faster) and F8 is for Last Target..

I am also using a macro for making shovels, since it's a little time consuming (at start) i made it so i won't have to reclick each time :

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|2|3|tool kit
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|7864|True
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.3000000
    Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|23|0|0
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
    Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|0|0|0
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|2|12|shovel
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|7864|True
    Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|72|0|0
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
    Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|0|0|0

As you can see, i set up 2 counters that will be really usefull even for others non Recall Mining related macros, one is for tool kit and the other one for shovel... Pretty simple to do just go into your Razor counter tab, push ADD, use TARGET to target the item and set the name and abreviation (if you put another name than mine you'll need to change it in the macro). I always try to have around 5-6 shovels on me at start, cause my STR is not maxed yet and i don't want my inventory to be overloaded by shovels BUT i don't want to have to stop every 5mn to recraft shovels neither.

This process is a bit time consuming, but when you start from nothing, things takes more time ! So just mine to make iron and stock until you have a pretty starting stock to sell. About 5k iron ingots would be great. Each time you are too full and need to drop your iron ingots to your bank, just use the [young command (or [profile then go into the young tab) and use the "Go to the Ocllo moongate" which is next to the bank to make things faster !

Having a nice stock of iron (when 5k ingots reached you'll probably around 70 mining) you can start selling off to players via Discord or Tradepost Forum. Iron ingots are worth 8gps/each which is nothing and a lot at the same time. If it doesn't sell try to lower a little the price (i always sell mine for 7,5gps) and you ll sell them in no time. That done you'll have a good starting savings to develop your Recall Miner.

- - RECORD ! - -

So we are at around 40kgps, we've got about 70 mining and 55 tinkering, what's up next ? We gonna start setting our Recall Miner. First we want stats, you ll be probably around 85 STR, 16 DEX and 11 INT, we want to max up things so we don't have to loose time. For this we are gonna use the training from vendors and others NPC to reach our skill cap. Let all the arrows up for all skills and go train ! Anye skill will do but Herding/Spirit Speak that we are gonna use to raise, so don't train these 2 ones... Skills a recommand you training cause it may be usefull after (or not) : Hiding / Carpentry / Meditation / Tailoring / Musicianship / Lumberjacking ... When you reach 700 skills points (it'll cost something like 5700gps) buy a Shepherd's Crook, go to Ocllo pens where you can find sheep & horse and make a macro like this one :

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3713|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|2447765|3744|2590|-216|223
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|2447765|3744|2590|-216|223
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044092|

And re-target the 2 Absolute Targets for the same sheep. It'll keep doing some Herding on the sheep you selected and exec Spirit Speak too. After between 1 and 2 hours you'll be at 100STR/100INT which will be great to train Magery !! Try to buy 2 Runebooks + 35 blank runes. You can find Runebooks going for about 300gps from Players Vendors around Yew Gate. Now it's time for Magery training, first go and buy some regs. You'll need a stock of between 320 and 640 Recall/Mark reagents (Mandrake Roots / Black Pearls / Blood Moss) cause you'll soon need to Mark your runes and then be able to start Recall Mining. Put all your leftover money into regs for the 1-70.1 Magery Macro (the link is below on this page) and try to get as close as possible to the critical 70.1 cap (for 100% recall success). DON'T FORGET TO PUT ARROWS DOWN on most of the skills you trained, keep the ones you gonna raise up.

- - SET HOTKEY ! - -

** Will be continued, just posting so i don't have to redo the text formating :):):) . Will explain how to set the Recall Mining / multiple Recall Mining, what others skill to raise and what to expect next...**

- - MACROS LIST ! - -

*Recall Mining : http://uorforum.com/threads/recall-mining-spot-sniper-macro.48854/

*Magery : http://uorforum.com/threads/magery-1-100-macro-with-restock-med-organize-rs-healing.48917/

*Tailoring : http://uorforum.com/threads/tailor-1-100-macro-with-tinkering.49060/

*Blacksmithing : http://uorforum.com/threads/blacksmith-1-100-macro-with-tinkering.49089/
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    onursmsk and AOٌ like this.