Recent change to explosion pots?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Mandevu, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

It's been a few months since I've played, but it appears something has changed with targeting explosion pots. As it is now, I've noticed multiple times recently that while fighting, if I try to 'last target' my pot, it simply throws it at my feet. Even after manually re-targeting the pot, it will still randomly throw at my feet.

I've been throwing purples for over a decade and either something is really screwed up on my end, or something in the coding was changed that I'm not aware of. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix the issue, even mid fight, but to no avail.

It seems that half the time they will throw normal, but the other half they just decide to hit the floor and ruin my attack.

Anyone know if there was a change made?
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Explosions as usual here, sir.

Try creating a new profile (different name for sure too) and just set up the keys you normally use for throwin pots and throw some at an alt account for a bit.

If all clear, then your profile is jacked somewhere. I've had a similar issue in the past with bolas and was able to save having to remake my profile by clearing the associated keys and remaking them.

G'luck.

Edit: you smart target?
  3. Mandevu

I'm thinking it's something in my profile that's tweaked. I'll try resetting it.
    wylwrk likes this.
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Yeah there were no official changes and it isnt like telamon to change something without noting it. It kinda sounds like a target self is happening.
  5. Mandevu

Nah I seem to have fixed it. I disabled my smart target and haven't had a single issue yet. I constantly clear target que while loading spells etc, so it wasn't ever an issue of self target. After disabling smart target it works flawlessly.
  6. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

If you debuffed yourself to counter balance mindblast that may or may not have set yourself as your harmful target flag (no idea if razor will even allow this to happen, just a guess) & you would then essentially being targeting self by last targeting a pot since razor would recognize you as the enemy

strong possibility i just overthought that whole concept & nothing i just said made any sense whatsoever

alternative solution - just stand within 2 tiles of your opponent when throwing purps & you'll never miss lol :rolleyes:
    wylwrk likes this.
  7. Mandevu

No, I figured out what happened. And I'm not going to tell you because it's fucking ridiculously typical of some noob mistake I would make. Therefore, I'm not going to say what it was so I don't have to listen to your smartass remark. o_O
    Pill and Zyler like this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Meradin likes this.
  9. Mandevu

That hurt my feelings.
    wylwrk likes this.
  10. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

I have the same issue, it seems to be more of an targeting issue as opposed to an explo pot issue.
    In order for me to retarget I have to load explo pot and cross hair click the intended target to fix it... set last target doesn't fix it but a spell crosshair retarget does fix it al so.
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  11. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It happened to me a few times now that id loose my last target somehow.

After debuffing, and a few weapon hits i am sometimes not able to release spells on my opponents through "target last"
    Only option for me so far: Crosshair retargeting as Ebola mentioned.

Kinda odd..
  12. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

Ezra keep in mind that u should set ur razor target range to ten tiles, (it defaults to 12 tile cus most shards have that range) and it shouldn't drop ur crosshair if the player is out of range. That should help out.
  13. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Weve had that already, but no, its not that issue actually.
  14. The Faker

The Faker Member

Are there 3 and 4 second timers for explo pots here?
  15. Mandevu