Remove Marked Runes; Gold Sink.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Larloch, Apr 16, 2016.

Should UO:R allow for additional security of your belongings?

1. Yes! We want the ability to pay gold and have marked rune spots cleared from our houses.

38.7%
  2. No! Because, **insert smart-ass comment here**, and that is the way we like it.

61.3%
  1. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Alright, I am only about 30 days old here so I apologize if this has been covered in older post, I searched for it but didn't see anything.

I purpose that rune spots that have been marked inside of a housing area can be "cleared", not sure if it would be better per tile or for the entire area. Either buying a token of some kind and/or paging the staff and having them "clear" a spot or entire area. I have read a while ago there is something in place to see what runes have been marked in your house, it would be nice to be able to clear them out, for a huge amount of gold obviously. That is what every good economy needs is a way to clear out its gold. I don't think it should be a platinum thing, because this is to get gold off the shard, not convert it. If you got a super expensive house, I'm sure you won't mind paying up to make it more secure.

Not many shards would need this in place. Mainly because they don't have the player base that we do here. Quite a few people can buy a fortress or a castle but have NO place to put it. So instead we have to pay 4 x or 5 x the deed amount for a big house......that is semi secure. I would hate to pay 7 mil for a castle then have to leave tables all over the place just because the house has been here forever and I can't do anything about it.
    newme and Basoosh like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Personally, the bobsey twins that keep trying mine are very entertaining.
    I'd hate to see them go.

Anyway about your post...

One month, courtyard, 7 mil...

notice me Senpai... NOTICE ME!
    [​IMG]
    newme and Hydrox like this.
  3. Larloch

Yes, I have been here < 30 days. No, I don't have a castle, nor 7 mil to put towards one. Just thinking for all the people that do have a lot here and can afford to spend the gold. It would help solve 2 issues gold and security.[/quote]
    newme likes this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    newme, von Stuben and BlackEye like this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the moat system just provides a one-time 'wipe' of the CY. Once a drawbridge has been placed, a new set of runes can be marked and that CY is compromised once again if it were to be sold.

As for myself, I dunno how I feel about this. I agree that no one should have that level of security. On the other hand, there are those of us that DO have that level of security and it's a bit unfair that newer players will never have the opportunity to get it.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Hydrox likes this.
  7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I understand the concerns posted here, but honestly, This is a fel shard. The very fact that we can have table walls elevates the security 100 % to what it was in the old days, whoever had the house key basically owned the house. So yes,
    it is a bit inconvenient to have to place crates or tables about your court yard, but it is a doable thing to have security.

thanks for the post, an interesting one.
    One and Tyndall like this.
  8. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

This would instantly devalue something that has value, which IMHO is always bad. It would also punish those who had taken the time to mark possible CY runes, and current CY runes. As it stands people with CY's are almost impossible to rob, this would make it literally.....impossible. All the while it would also remove the value of a house that is secure currently. I am actively out there all the time trying to rob folks, and the picks are so slim..it's once in a blue moon you catch someone slipping....I don't see hordes of posts about people being house looted...I don't see any of people with cys being house looted....why rock the boat?
  9. Larloch

I'm pretty sure this thread died once moats had covered opening concerns.
    One likes this.