Renaissance Blog - Pet Bonding in Felucca

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Dassault

Dassault New Member

Sounds solid to me.
  2. Lord Daemon

Lord Daemon New Member

Ridable llamas and ostards as as original to the game as horses.

As far as beetles. they were introduced during the Thrid Dawn era, with the introduction of the solans (ants).

Pet bonding wasn't added to the game 'til mid 2002, with publish 16. UO Guide - Publish 16 taming page. Pet bonding and the addition of followers, limiting how many pets a tamer could use at any one time, was a way to stop tamers from bringing in a large number of WWs and controlling the champion spawns. There was no real pet bonding before this.

This server seems to feel that anything pre-aos is the ren era, but at the same time, a fel only world. The 2nd age, was when the lost lands were added, and Ren was when Tram was made, to add a pve safe enviroment.
  3. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Any progress on the saddlebag idea ?

I would love such a feature. But linking the capacity of such bags to the STR of the owner doesn't make sense.
    I'd rather link it to the STR of the mount. Train your damn packhorse ! maximum capacity for a fully trained mount with saddle bags should be 1600 stones - just like the packies.

Oh yeah and this should only be applicable to low level rides like llama and horse. Pack-mare would be too tough.

And no bears and beetles please. This reminds me too much of when OSI turned neon ...
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

5. Felucca

Felucca Active Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in case anyone comes across this great guide, I believe bonding time has been reduced to 24 hours instead of 7 days.
  6. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Yes, feed pet normal meat, stable pet for 24 hours, and you can bond after the 24 hour mark of first feeding