Renaissance is Hiring - Xmlspawner Devs, Counselors,Moderators, Content Writers

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We are currently looking for some additional staff for the Renaissance server.

Counselors
    We are looking for players who are well established and would like to donate time to welcome new players and answer the common questions a new player has. More information on the counselor program and its requirements can be found via this thread.

http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-counselor-program-now-accepting-applications.1849/

Moderators
    We will be looking to add some additional IRC moderators to assist with keeping the peace as the server grows. Again this is a position for established players who general avoid arguments within the community. The primary function of this post is to keep the chat room focused on Renaissance, protect the channel from invasive advertising and keep the peace. ​

XML Spawner Developers
    We are looking for any players with detailed experience with the xml spawner package to assist the server in developing era accurate quests to improve the experience for our playerbase. This position is open to new and old players as all the work and development will be done on a development server without access to protected information or the general game world. ​

Basic Requirements
    • Ability to work with the community to develop quests to bring life to the world.
    • Ability to review the documentation for the XML spawner and develop miniature quests.
    • Ability to effectively test any created quest and work with the staff to implement them.

Compendium Content Development
    We are looking for players who are interested in helping us develop the compendium into a resource that will replace the players needs to ever go to stratics or uo guide for information.
    This entails a variety of the following

Basic Skills Required
    • Ability to write clearly
    • Basic understanding of simplistic HTML markup.
    • Experienced understanding of the Renaissance Mechanics.
    • Basic understanding of dropbox for collaboration.

If you meet the qualifications for any of these roles, have some free time, and are willing to help improve the Renaissance server then contact me via forum pm or on IRC.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Wodan and Gideon Jura like this.
  2. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'd love to help with the XML Spawner Developers stuff. Can't say I've got experience but I'm sure I can help !
  3. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

XML Spawner Developers - This sounds like fun, but I don't have experience with the XML Spawner package or if I can learn enough to be helpful :)
  4. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Do XML spawns drop plat?
    DaTamer likes this.
  5. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

I was fooling around a bit with the XML spawners the other day,but I am not highly experienced... either way I do have experience in abusin err helping players as well as making quests and would be willing to assist.
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I did XML spawners on a pre-t2a shard a while ago, they were good fun... it's surprising how much you could actually do with them, far more than you'd think with just spawners. They also didn't require you to compile the code every time you made a change which made them really easy to use and try out.

I just wish I had the time to play, let alone develop!
    Mes likes this.
  7. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We will be posting a large repository of XML spawner development tools and opening up a XML development server to allow interested players to collaborate and develop small quests that can be reviewed and then implemented on the live server.

This should be up and ready by the weekend given the amount of interest in this project.
  9. Gracekain

Gracekain New Member

If you need any more help with the XML spawner I have used the system before and understand how it works. But seeing this is a month later I am probably too late, but want to still offer my help.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not to late, we are still developing the program and setting up our development server.

http://uorforum.com/forums/xmlspawner-development.68/

I've also setup a special forum for XMl Spawner guides, documentation and quest development since the interest has been so great.
  11. Gracekain

Gracekain New Member

Nice, i like thie idea btw to alow players/guilds some limited access to spawners to create there own events. I am also interested in:

Compendium Content Development
    We are looking for players who are interested in helping us develop the compendium into a resource that will replace the players needs to ever go to stratics or uo guide for information.
  12. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Active Member

Man, how I'd love to build the prison map/quest/etc I had in store when I was an Event Moderator for UO.

I'm afraid it's a big ass bite to chew though, I don't know squat with XML.
  13. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I'll take an irc mod position ;p I think everyone here can agree I'm a fair, non-biased, non-confrontational mediator. I also, have an impressive track record for never stepping outside the boundaries both in and out of the game.
    DaTamer likes this.
  14. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

If you need someone to develop the white leather hue for Pure White Wyrms to drop, and the tailoring behind the white leather... I am the man for it!
  15. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff