Renaissance Known Issue List - 2018 Archive

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Here's one I just found. There are 3 easter eggs that I'm not able to pick up.

upload_2017-5-5_16-58-41.png

upload_2017-5-5_16-58-15.png
    El Horno and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

lol
    [​IMG]

Those are locked down on the house and raised up. No issue here.
  3. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

Gideon Jura and Jakob like this.
  4. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Where is the green one raised up from? its left of the bottom left corner of the house.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

The front patio area of that large marble.
  6. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

some mobs are dropping wrong slayers
    i.e : rotting corpses dropping orc slayers
  7. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Orc slaying is a sub slayer of repond, which is correctly dropped from undead mobs, nothing wrong with that.
    Azerothian and One like this.
  8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

When you tame a blue animal that is being provoked on another animal by a Young player. You will get a criminal timer every time the young player provoke the tamed animal, resulting in a death loop if you are in guarded zone or one of the longest criminal timer in UO history ;)
    newme and One like this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  10. LaggMaster

LaggMaster Active Member

Can we code some of these fixes and post it in the forums? I am thinking about fixing the issues with music related skills.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Players are welcome to submit anything they wish. We even provide a RunUO Development forum for discussions like that. However fixing something is only 10-25% of the work. Testing that fix, effects on related systems, expected results in game, etc takes a ton of time. While sometimes you can have conviction that your change will not have any unforeseen effects. All it takes is a minor mistake to create a major disaster. A great example is long ago we were looking to fix the problems with 900 sheep stack wool farms. Easy fix one would think. But a tiny mistake was made that allows a single sheep to be sheered endlessly. Thankfully a player caught this and it was hotfixed before players were able to collect billions of cloth.

Most changes are lumped into their major systems. And all of them are addressed at the same time allowing for efficient testing of those systems. As a volunteer operation, with volunteer testing this does take longer than I am sure 99% of our players would like. However the end result is no crashes, minimal bugs, and a stable world without staff tinkering or developers(myself included) being arrogant about the success of a change without proper testing.

A great example is Bard targeting other players. The simplest fix up there. The horror stories I have heard from other developers who made this change has given us pause to make sure that we test every edge case that can allow this change to be a negative vs a positive.

Everything on this list however is being actively worked on and will be fixed soon. This post primarily serves to inform our players of these issues, and encourage players to report non listed issues.
    newme, Fullmetal, Jakob and 2 others like this.
  12. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Thank you Chris for adding this thread. N Wow, thanks for all your hard work and Concern, greatly appreciated. :)
  13. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I would like to submit a bug. I hit for 3 para-blows in a row last night. :D
    wylwrk likes this.
  14. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Regarding the War Axe issue... looking back, it seems like part of the difficulty of making this a true bashing weapon (to damage stamina and armor) is that it's currently considered an "axe" class weapon, for chopping trees and such. I would suggest that if it's an easy fix to make it a bashing weapon and NOT an axe, and do so in the near future, that's a far preferable option to a longer-term solution in which it's both a bashing weapon and an axe. You can probably count on one hand the number of people who have chopped a tree with a war axe on this shard.
  15. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

the vending machine in the quad, is out of mt dew.
    Azerothian, One, Keystone and 3 others like this.
  16. Pruslas

Pruslas Member

I do not know what triggers this but it happened multiple times where I can walk only north-south direction. East and west only works if I keep mashing arrow keys on the keyboard, can not go that direction with mouse.
    One likes this.
  17. LaggMaster

LaggMaster Active Member

Resync your client. Razor has a hot key for this. Your client thinks you're on a different tile than the server thinks you're on.
    Azerothian and One like this.
  18. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Can also re-open your paperdoll and that will re-sync it too
    Azerothian likes this.
  19. compsays

compsays Active Member

Bizarre. This just happened to me, for the first time in my 7 months here, about 5 minutes ago.

Logged out and back in; fixed it for me.
  20. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Weird - same things been happening to me at least 2 or 3 times a day for the last couple of days. I have just been restarting the client, will try the paperdoll trick.