Report: Quest - The missing Guards

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Pekka, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

@Cero - @PaddyOBrien (The Squire) - @Airin (Achaya)

I, Pekkus Pilatus, Knight of the Knight Templar [KT] where standing at the docks of Skara Brahe, waiting for my lazy new Squire to show up, I forgot his name, never mind, for a patrol along the Yew Road. I waited for an hour at the docks and there was not a single sign of him. I where ready to take off when a beautiful female fighter came along, wearing the colors of the Sanctuary [P'S] at her cloak and she was holding a big 2 bladed axe in her hand and I must admit, I got a bit admired as she really looked like a real fearsome axe fighter. We talked some, presented our selves to each others and I asked her if she wanted to join me for a patrol instead of my lazy Squire and she did not mind at all. Making a patrol alone is dangerous in these parts of Sosaria and I felt I needed some protection and vice verse. Her name was Achaya she said.

Me and Achaya rode north, passed the Brigands fort, a Guardpost and when we came to the Guardpost up between the Orc Fort and the Lich forest, we took a peek at the surroundings and stopped by one of the Guardposts where we usually will be requested for assignments.

Achaya noticed arrows in the wall.
    upload_2017-9-26_21-36-32.png

We went inside and we found no one in the Small Guard Tower, not a single trace of a single living beeing except our selves. The house was a big mess.
    upload_2017-9-26_21-43-38.png

We debated what to do and where to go next and I suggested that we check out a similar house to the East, near the desert of Compassion, to see if the same had happened there or to ask them about what had happen here. Achaya thought it was a very good idea, so we took off.
    upload_2017-9-26_21-47-11.png

When we arrived, we parked our mounts outside the guardpost...
    upload_2017-9-26_21-48-15.png

...and went inside

OOC: (I forgot to take a sceenie of the lower level as I got so damn surprised really)

This house was also empty and the guards where missing here as well - What have happen????

Did someone kidnapped the guards??

We debated what could have happened here and I got an idea, a theory at least:
    OOC: (It was @Airin that got the idea what have happened here and what to do next in OOC party chat, not Pekkus as all vendors where gone and not a single book quest to get anywhere, which happens when you stop to pay your vendors @Cero ) ;)

upload_2017-9-26_21-52-9.png

The Orcs from the Ratmen Cave must have kidnapped the guards or killed them so we decided to go there
    upload_2017-9-26_21-55-51.png

upload_2017-9-26_22-2-29.png

We got both a bit upset really and worried for the guards, so we took off, as fast as possible, like a storm, towards the Orc Cave!
    We went inside and started to slain every Orc that got in our way and we tried to ask them
    -Where are the kidnapped Guards?

We found that there where still as many weapons left here as the last time I was here for the Guardpost.
    upload_2017-9-26_22-6-17.png

Pekkus had reported this weaponry earlier to the guardpost and...
    upload_2017-9-26_22-7-28.png

We kept fighting our way down through the whole cave system
    upload_2017-9-26_22-9-22.png

Not a single sign of the guards and I suddenly recalled what I had seen at the entrance of the cave system, a wooden tall pole surrounded by bodies and Achaya saw it as well.
    upload_2017-9-26_22-10-58.png

upload_2017-9-26_22-13-29.png

Case closed. May the guards rest in peace RIP.

upload_2017-9-26_22-14-45.png

OOC:
    I want to thank @Airin for a very fun evening with our fun smaller RP-PvM event. It was meant that @PaddyOBrien should have joined but he was not able as he had IRL stuff that stopped him from joining but this mini-event gave us some ideas though as maybe we do a follow up later on.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Good work guys, hope to be able to make the next one!
    Hadrian and Pekka like this.
  3. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Haha well done! You missed the guards by a few days...just took the vendors down for a bit with real life getting in the way. I have been thinking about the quest hubs and may centralize them to a single outpost soon to help with my limited play time atm.

Also have been brain-storming a few larger quest lines involving characters I place around the world that react to commands much like dungeon fairy/traveling gnome gate keepers in Ocllo. I will keep you posted on them!
    Aragorn - OCT, Airin, Pekka and 2 others like this.
  4. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thank you Pekkus Pilatus, was a great honour for me to come with you on such a quest!

Hope you will call me if you ever need my help again!

Achaya

OOC - was great fun, really enjoyed it. Hope we can repeat it soon.
    A pleasure to read your report, as always :) I bought about 10 quest books when I was still young and there was a vendor at Occlo, and then read a few reports on the forum. Was great, but as I did not know anyone at the time (and I am not good at writting reports) I did not actually do any quests then. So really happy I got to do a mini-quest with you now.
  5. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Cool @Cero , I look forward to both your new quest hub and to check out your chars out there and a message from Pekkus Pilatus: ;)

IC:
    Captain Cero, your guards needs to do something about the Orcs weaponry and armory in the Ratmen Cave soon, or they might take over the whole Sosaria...

OOC:
    Yes @Airin, we did have very very fun. :) We will do more, specially now when we know what Cero really did with the vendors and I think 1-2 such quests can be done each month maybe as otherwise we will flood this forum with stories, which is not good I think or guess, and it did take me 2 hours to put my report together, viewing all screenies and pick the ones with suitable Chat sentences and put them in a suitable order. I was very lucky to hit the screenshot button at right time a couple of times. :) Specially when Achaya emoted *Starts to turn green* at the last screenshot. :D

These quests are best done in a very small group as far as I know, max 3 I think or between 1-3 players or if such a quests will be to hard to complete, well then we could try to get reinforcements. I really hope @PaddyOBrien will be available next time. :) (The Lazy Squire) ;) Maybe we can do next one in 2-3 weeks or so and maybe Cero got the vendors up again until then or we make our own quest with a suitable IC/RP goal. ;) Maybe we should also ask @Dr Satan or even @Merek Tybalt to join next time as they both really likes RP and are very good at RP really as I do like it the way we did it -> RP-PvM, IC all time - 100% RP and another report will be made here.
    Aragorn - OCT likes this.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Lazy squire??? He's a veteran of the Virtue wars who now walks with a limp!! :D
    Aragorn - OCT and Pekka like this.
  7. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

I am sure Pekkus Pilatus will get a complete different opinion of the squire later on @PaddyOBrien as I knew in before hand that you might not where able to make it at all but Pekkus Pilatus do not know that. ;) Maybe you have to explain some things to him in game when we meet there later on one day maybe??? ;) They have only met briefly ones in game so far, during a PvP training session in the town of the Sanctuary a couple weeks ago... ;)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.