Resist Session Hosted by O^S [Order of the Skull] Friday April 21st

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Avery, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

resist_desktop_walalpaper__modem__by_usafshadowusaf-d5l7a72.png

ENTER AS A GHOST. STAY IN WAR MODE. GET RESED.

Do you need Resisting Spells? GM it for free! This session will be held at the O^S Training Keep, located in the player town of Alluvium, due east of Britain. The event will kick off Friday morning, April 21st and will end when we run out of supplies. You may enter the keep as a ghost as early as you like but casting will not begin until Friday morning.

What is a "Resist Session"?
    Basically a few GM mages (Casters) line up and shoot spells at a whole bunch of people (Gainers), who gain in the skillResisting Spells. Gainers can only enter the Training Center as ghosts, but rez's will be provided inside. A guard will be provided outside the keep for your convenience. There will also be a gate available from the event lobby.

Griefing of any type will not be tolerated and will result in the offender being removed from the premises and not allowed back in. Once you are in the gainer or caster areas, you will be locked in. Wandering around the keep will not be possible. Please stable your pets BEFORE arriving at the event. There is a stable due south of the Training Keep at the bottom of the peninsula. Mounts wandering outside the event will be sent to the glue factory.

Due to problems we've had in the past, no wrestling will be allowed. Anyone found with a weapon or caught wrestling will be removed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q: When will the resist session start?
    A: Some time on Friday morning. Several O^S members will be putting their characters in to cast and all of us are from different time zones. We have jobs, children, spouses. We'll start casting whenever we're able to. I don't have an exact time. Don't ask.

Q: When will the guard be set up?
    A: I will ask Telamon to set up the guard on Thursday. I don't have an exact time. Don't ask.

Q: When will the healer be set up?
    A: I will start the healer up on Thursday evening PST. I don't have an exact time. Don't ask.

Q: I am "young". How do I participate?
    A: Type [young in-game and toggle your young status off. You may then leave Ocllo. When the resist session is over, you may return to Ocllo and toggle your young status back on. If for some reason the system won't let you turn it back on, page a counselor for assistance.

Q: May I leave my horse/ossie/mare/dragon out in front of the keep while I'm in the resist session?
    A. You can if you want but it will be killed. Please take your tames to the stables in our guild town, which is just a short walk to the south of the training keep. PLEASE SEE MAP.

Q: Do you need any donations of fishsteaks, regs, bandages or instruments?
    A: At this time, we are accepting donations of bandages. We regularly go through hundreds of thousands of bandages during these sessions so any donations are most welcome.

Q: How long will it take me to GM resist?
    A: With 5 or more casters going 24 hours a day, it should only take about 2 days.

Q: How long will you be running the resist session?
    A: We usually go for 4-5 days.

Q: Will I be able to GM provo too?
    A: We are sometimes able to provide NPC Pirates and instruments. With a decent macro, you should be able to GM provocation.

Keep.png
    GuildTown.jpg
    KeepUOAM.png
    Stables.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Hersin

Hersin Member

Sweet. I ll be there for sure, as nude as possible. Im from istanbul, can anyone advise when this event will start UK time on friday ? Dont wanna mess up like I did waiting for rugby world cup, game was already over.
    Im on young status now, after the event can I become young again ?
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Hersin likes this.
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

It will start sometime in the morning, you can always go in a bit early and get rezzed and wait for casters to start. We basically just start casting as all our members wake up in the morning so no strict start time. It will go on for a number of days so don't worry about missing it.
    Hersin likes this.
  5. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Need/Want any Fishsteaks, Bandages, Instruments etc...

Good time to raise your music, anatomy, eval intelligence, item id, arms lore (newbie dagger), etc...
  6. MORGOTH

MORGOTH New Member

What time zone? I would like to participate but I don't think I could log on until the afternooon or evening.
  7. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

I'll ask Telamon to set up the guard on Thursday and you will be able to enter and get resed any time after that. We'll have 5 or 6 casters and everyone is in a different time zone so people will fire up their casters whenever they are able to. Just come when you can, you'll be fine ;) @LanDarr we could definitely use some bandages!
  8. Nefarius

Nefarius Active Member

Mmmmhmm My favorite, Characters ready to go!
  9. DrFunke

DrFunke Active Member

May not be much, but I've got 10k bandages to donate. How do you want me to deliver them?
  10. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

@DrFunke pm me in irc (Avery) and I'll meet up with you.
  11. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Jupiter likes this.
  12. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

I went in as a ghost but didn't get a rez, not sure what to do?
  13. El Horno

The rezzer inside is spamming instructions for you. Follow them.
  14. Soma Holiday

I did... It said to stand in the square and I'm standing in the square.
  15. El Horno

It says ADJACENT square.
  16. Soma Holiday

Adjacent to what? I tried standing in the square in the middle of the room where everyone else is, and on the one tile outside that that's not blocked off. Where else is there?
  17. El Horno

The healing skill has a 1 tile range. So adjacent would mean within 1 tile of the rezzer, aka the guy shouting the instructions. Then you need to wait there in war mode patiently.
    freesistfordummys.png
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  18. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

yeah i waited there a few minutes cursing the bot until i realised i wasnt in war mode.
    Avery likes this.
  19. Soma Holiday

lol, yeah -- same.
  20. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Thank you to @Lan Ji and @Zyler for the bandage donation!!! There's one other person who donated bandages whose name I forgot. Thank you so much!! Pm me so that I can post your name.
    Orion GM BD and Lan Ji like this.