Resist Training

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Arawn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

New guild keep-warming resist session!! Pet Friendly!!

DISCLAIMER: While all efforts will be made to keep everyone safe at this event, no guarantee can be made. I highly recommend only bringing bonded pets to this event, in case of any unfortunate events that could lead to pet death. Such as other pets going wild. You may bring unbonded pets, but at your own risk! Also do not carry anything of value on your person to this event.

As this event is being kept semi-private, just for PS guild members, and other select approved associates, you will need to be in contact with one of the event staff for admittance via IRC. The first person you should try to contact is myself, Arawn.

MikeK and Roguish have also offered to help with this task, and I am sure Krake would be happy to let people in if he is around.

If you are just looking to just gain resist on a character, you only simply need to come with nothing on your person, come upstairs in the keep, and come stand on one of the red tiles, and gain resist!

If you wish to bring pets, please see my guide below on the proper way to bring your pets in, to avoid a bloody mess :)

***Do not bring pets in the front door of keep!!***
    Please follow this procedure:

When you arrive at the keep, please tell all pets to stay outside, off to the side of the front door

[​IMG]

Next you will be let inside, by either myself or another event helper. Please PM one of us for access (see top of post for event helpers)

Proceed upstairs, and into the pet pen. To do this, follow the blue tiles until you are locked on the single tile inside of the tables.

[​IMG]
    Once on this tile, cast the spell gate and target the rune locked down on the table. Scrolls will be provided for the less magically adept, and I am also willing to personally cast the spell for you if you have no magery.

Once the gate is open, double click it, and you will be transported outside. Now command your pets to follow you, and double click the gate again, and all of your pets should have followed you through!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now you can either say "All Stay" and go back out through the gate without them following you back out, or if the gate is no longer open, you can simple cast recall, and target the rune (again some scrolls will be provided for those that cannot cast). You should not remain in the pet pen!

At this point you will need to be let back in the keep again. You should proceed back upstairs to be in line of sight of your pet. This will help keep them loyal to you. Another VERY important step to keep your pet loyal, is to make a macro that says "All Guard Me" 10x every minute or so.
    How this works, is that every time your pet obeys a command it gains +1 to loyalty, every time a pet disobeys a command it looses -10 loyalty. If you have sufficient taming to have good control of your pet, it should be sufficient to spam all guard me. If your pet is not bonded, and/or your taming skill is low, please check your pets loyalty regularly (via animal lore), and remove from pen to feed regularly, if need be. If a pet goes wild in the pen, it is almost certain death for it. We want to avoid this happening!

If you do not need to gain resist on your character, please stand on one of the green tiles, if you wish to gain resist, please stand on one of the red tiles like so:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

Caster Guide:

To be a caster for this event, please PM me in IRC letting me know you are interested. You will come in the keep, stand behind the tables, on one of the green tiles, and be casting the spell meteor swarm, and targeting the recall rune locked down a few tiles out. Reagents will be provided in the wooden chest behind the casting area. This is a great opportunity if you have a mage in the high 90s and want to GM them for free!

[​IMG]

For those of you who have volunteered to help as being a caster, here is the macro you should use:

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-5
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.1000000
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1101323433|842|2374|6|3650
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|50
    Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|70|3600
    Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
    Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|55
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1100887789|849|2373|21|7956
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02

This macro was made using "Restock Agent 5" as the restock agent used to restock the required reagents in to your bag. The only thing you need to do, is set up "Restock Agent 5" to restock 1 each of bloosmoss spider's silk mandrake root sulfurous ash

If you wish to use a different restock agent besides number 5 (if it is already in use for something you do not wish to change) simply edit the restock agent number, in the second line of the macro. All of the "absolute targets" are already pre-set for what you will need, in our resist session!

If you need any help with getting this macro set-up, please PM me in IRC, I am more than happy to get you up and going!
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Airin, Dhark, Ren and 3 others like this.
  3. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Thanks Arawn!

How will other people, aside from PS, know they are invited?

Also, I am the owner of the Keep, so I will be there as much as I can to assist in any way possible!

Thanks!
  4. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

To avoid confusion i hope and intend to bring 3 of my alts that need resist.
    These are:
    Maximilian Black
    Reverend Black
    Reverend Krieger

Since none of them are guilded to PS (With fishermen alts,different dexxer types and a tamer on the way i dont wanna clutter the guild roster untill i have one or perhaps two other main characters besides Cordelia Black) i thought it might help to inform early. Any non main character doesnt need to be in the guild to support the guild anyway,such as my fishermen.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  5. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

That is just fine Cordelia, your specific characters do not need to be guilded with PS to attend.
  6. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

So with all the community support shown and given to PS... Why would you have an exclusive resist session? How many of you have attended the public ones?
  7. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

@Arawn
    I got called into work unfortunately,it happens especially during the summer that i dont know if or when i work since its very dependant on the weather and who else is available. On break right now. Working a 15 hour shift. :( Sorry i cant be there but i hope its a success!
    Dhark likes this.
  8. Lord Krake

@LanDarr - I feel that we have a good mix of public and private guild events. We are a guild, after all, and sometimes we just have events for our specific guild, like any other guild here. I thinks thats reasonable.

And this is not to say we wont have public resist events; in fact that is something I have been talking with other members of the community about in terms of how to arrange and set up.

The keep we were given will soon go public, after I set up the things that PS promised would be there in the thread announcing that we received this great property;
    - A public rune library
    - A provocation room
    - A lockpicking room
    - Training and macroing rooms/areas

If you further wish to discuss this, feel free to PM me. This goes for anyone else in the community.

The new keep will be up and running for the shard as soon as its set up to do so. We will likely have grand opening or some such thing!
    Jupiter, Bastian, Dhark and 3 others like this.
  9. Lord Krake

10. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member

Cordelia, it should still be going this evening hopefully you can get in later on.

Landarr, the point is not to exclude people, but to keep it to a smaller manageable crowd so that we can get pets in as well. You cannot really host a fully open public resist session and allow pets and not leave yourself open to potential griefers.

I am also solely providing everything for this event myself, and is the first event I have really done like this so I am trying to keep it manageable. If anyone would like access all they have to do is contact me, I am more than happy to help all that would like to take part.
    English John and Lord Krake like this.
  11. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This resist training is awesome. The resist on my ostards has never looked better!