Resists? Not a problem!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Damalar, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Damalar

Damalar New Member

Noticing a lack of Resist parties for old and new players alike, so I am gonna bank roll and host 1 resist party a week (date to be determined) for the indefinite future. With that said these kinds of projects only further the betterment of the shard and the players who enjoy it as I have over the years. Everyone will be welcome no matter your own personal status. This post is to make it known, as well as allow anyone who wants to donate to said Resist Party to do so in any means. I am open to all ideas, suggestions, and/or help in providing this service. I have not decided on the exact date at which these will start but I am shooting for the weekend of the 9th through the 11th. I will give a few days notice for this first session and once it has happened i will have a better idea on how to go about this. Again anyone with knowledge or tips to lend me in order to make this grief free and beneficial to all please contact me VIA forums or MIRC (Damalar). I hope to have a big turnout as I have seen many new players come to the shard in the short week i have been back. I hope to have a positive showing as we try to maintain the shard and help all those within it.

Thanks!
    - Damalar Darkmoon.
    Seba, Orion GM BD, Pekka and 5 others like this.
  2. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

there seem to be resist parties around every 2 months. you literally just missed one that happened last week.

how often do you expect resist parties to run?
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

4. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

I see... well then!
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

One a week?

Good luck to you.
  6. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Well i missed the last one so i am certainly interested in joining this one ;)
  7. Damalar

Damalar New Member

I understand its an undertaking but I am hoping that the server will respond positively to having one every week. If the numbers aren't there in participation I will re evaluate and run one every other weekend. Again gotta see what the interest and turn out is. One thing I do ask is that we get some people to volunteer for the caster positions. I can put 2 or 3 every session. Hoping to double or triple that number. Before I left here for my break we had one every week... it was good for the players and good for the server. Again message me on here if you would like to fill caster spots or donate resources day of.

Thanks and have fun!
  8. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

I also missed the last one so I have 8 chars that need to train resist, so I look forward to this. :)

Do you later need an almost GM mage to do some spell casting?? Shes 95 something or maybe 96 when I get home? Well she is GM within 4-5 days anyway.
  9. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

I have no idea how this works, never took place in one of these so no idea what to do, but the character i mostly want to gm resist is at 100 magery (no eval int) and 90 resist already, so once he's gmed i am happy to volunteer him as caster and use my 2nd and 3rd account to gain at the same time.
    Damalar likes this.
  10. Damalar

Damalar New Member

Thank you Shosara I will take record of your name.
    Shosara likes this.
  11. Bodhran

Bodhran Active Member

I'll participate (in gaining) and donate 50k towards the event
    Damalar likes this.
  12. Damalar

Damalar New Member

Thank you Bodhran, ill collect donations etc etc a day or two before and if for some reason you cannot make it or the event gets rescheduled your donation will be refunded. I hoping for a nice turn out.
    Shosara and Bodhran like this.
  13. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Awesome, happy to donate as well, though i dont have as much, only been playing for 2 weeks. Any idea for the first date yet?
  14. Damalar

Damalar New Member

Gonna be either the 10th or 11th. probably gonna shoot for the 10th
    Shosara likes this.
  15. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

ok gonna make sure to have time then, what time/timezone? Just the ballpark, so i have an idea if itll start in the morning or evening for me ;)
  16. Damalar

Damalar New Member

IT'll be early in the Est timezone havent decided yet.

Enough to successfully cast meteor swarm yes.
  17. Damalar

Damalar New Member

Dont have an exact time of start yet as I have to see the turnout for casters and such but it will be eastern timezone for sure and more then likely early.
  18. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

early eastern is perfect, i am from europe thall be early afternoon for me, aces.

Like i said earlier i am only 10% away from GM resist so once i am gm i am happy to cast stuff, though my char has magery GM, he has got no meditation so i dont know how helpful that'll be ;)

also: If needed, happy to provide my house for this, it is empty except my secured chests so should be a good spot for this? Cheers
  19. Nomack

Nomack Member

We need all the casters we can get so
  20. Nomack

Nomack Member

I have 2 volunteers for casting at the resist party plus two of my own. We need atleast 8 casters. We have half that guys...lets make this happen