Resource gathering verification

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pharoah, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Again i was thrown in the pokie yesterday for gathering resources (lol) i know but here is my minor issue.
    It popped up when i was clicking a cotton plant in the fields of Ocllo and it so happened one of the choices was in the exact spot where i was clicking for the cotton, therefore i hit the wrong choice of items and poof! Jail!
    Is there anyway to make it to where you have to hit a OK option after making the choice of item to pick from the display?
    This is gonna end up putting me in the can for many hours for mistakes :/
    Not to mention i'm one of them *clickers* that when im moving around i tend to just click my mouse button out of boredom :)
    Kiryana likes this.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think most people get tossed in the clink for this every now and then. If you ask for help in IRC after it happens Telamon or a mod can help you out.
    Pharoah and Kiryana like this.
  3. Pharoah

i just don't want it on my record, Chris and i talked about this kinda the other day when my Sean connery was thrown in the Buscow. But if there was a way to (if its not a huge programming issue) make a OK option after this it not only would double the security it would give idiots like myself a reprieve lol
  4. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Next time it pops up, move the window to a better location and next time it will pop up in the place you moved it to.
    Steady Mobbin and Pharoah like this.
  5. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

This has almost gotten me a few times collecting rares.
    Thankfully with rares I expect it to pop every time, so when I do pick one, I delay my next action for 30 secs or so to wait on the window.

When you are in the middle of farming like you were tho I can see a big issue with badly placed gumps.
    Pharoah and Hawkeye like this.
  6. Pharoah

Thanks i didnt realize that it did this. Big plus!
  7. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

I got it for the first and only time ever the other night.... while trying to place a house.

:DI was all nervous because I always read stuff about people clicking the wrong thing.
    Pharoah and Sapharious like this.
  8. Pharoah

i just moved it up like Ahirman suggested and so far success :p there was one that had 3 swords and a axe that i almost clicked the wrong picture though, i guess its my eyes i dunno, but the scimitar looked alot like the feeble axes ithat were there lol
    Ahirman likes this.
  9. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

We should probably do away with the whole system.

The BoD (the big players) guys have unlimited resources, the population is saturated with raw materials....

Maybe just keep it for fishing and house placement
  10. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

I think not allowing an answer input until 1 - 2 seconds after the gump pops up would largely prevent this without too much inconvenience. Would make some gathering less nerve wracking too.
    Pharoah, NCCML and Hawkeye like this.
  11. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

sure, then I could fire up my mining macros and let them run 24x7...

If I am to be considered a "big player" I can tell you I do not have unlimited resources
    Saturated, yeah there is a lot out there, but I sell out as much iron as I can stock... so that market is good, its the colored ingot market that has no real demand
    Ahirman likes this.
  12. TreeHugger

Honestly, you hammering the macro 24/7 wouldn’t have an effect on the economy anymore.

It’s so well established and people have so much money that it really doesn’t matter for resources any longer.
  13. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

That maybe true, but it will give anyone the keys to free 24/7 gold for clicking play.

Just start your mining macro and go to bed or leave it running while you're at work. At least this way you have to be there watching it.
  14. TreeHugger

With this, at least you have a chance of getting PK’d or dying and it’s costing you gold/items. Still better than running 2 screens of bank sitters collecting plat with zero chance of anything bad happening and 24/7 plat for doing less than clicking play.

Hell, it might even bring back the economy a bit.
  15. Pharoah

i personally think the system is great and should stay pretty much like it is except for maybe a tweak or two. like the OK option or like Jill Stihl said couple seconds gump in between, Maybe even 2 chance at picking in case you are minor visually impaired like myself lol? there needs to definitely be some kind of system though unattended resource gathering is for the birds imo.

Maybe to lower the resources and make them worth wile again make a CUB event for resources to be thrown out for special rewards? just a thought :)
    Naturally the resources used for this kind of event would have to be atleast a few weeks old prior to the event so people dont just go out and start using stuff they can gather right there and then
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  16. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

11 days of wisdom in this post
    LanDarr likes this.
  17. TreeHugger

Yea, there aren’t many players here who have played 11 days.

This is obviously a player who has left and came back and couldn’t remember his old password or the email he signed up with.
  18. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

then your comments are even worse
  19. TreeHugger

20. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

because you should know better.