(RESULTS POSTED!) 10th Running of the Royal Britannia Summoner Sprints (10-11-2015)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Vlar, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

RESULTS:
    1st Place - Keza & Helios
    2nd Place - Mandy Moore and Arianna
    3rd Place - Guerrero & Tommyrot
    [​IMG]

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for coming out everyone! See you again next time!

10th Royal Britannia Summoner Sprints (10-11-2015 @ 8PM EST)
    Get your sprinting sandals out because this Sunday evening the 10th running of the Royal Britannia Summoner Sprints will be held. The summoner sprints are a foot race with a twist! The twist being each runner has a teammate who can cast stone walls or dispel them. (detailed rules below)

Don't worry if you don't have a teammate upon arrival at the track; many show up to the track alone and form teams as the referee registers everyone.
    Hope to see you there this Sunday at 8PM EST! If you have any questions PM Vlar in IRC or PM on the forums.

[​IMG]
    (10-4-2015, Crowd and runners at the 9th Summoner Sprints posing for a screenshot.)
    brought to you by Stormhold ['S'] and the Village of Paws [VoP] as well as summoners like you...

Thanks to:
    - GideonJura and the [555] foundation
    - Mobolin
    - Musician
    - Random
    - Garvey

[​IMG]

Where:
    • The Royal Britannia Race Track is located in a converted wheat field North-West of Britain. (PM Vlar if you need a ride.)
    Rules:
    • No mounts.
    • Two man teams consisting of a 'summoner' (caster) and a sprinter will compete to see who's runner can dodge the most stone walls to cross the finish line first. (How many laps/heat races we run varies.)
    • The twist is the 'summoner'. They can cast stone walls in front of opponents or use dispel field to clear a path for their runner. First guy across the finish line after the set number of laps wins.
    • Registration will be allowed to continue up until the point all qualifying races have been run. (the last possible moment basically)
    • Each Summoner's Sprint will consist of as many as 6 competing teams running as many as 10 laps. (varies)
    • Teams will enter the track unmounted.
    • At the beginning of each race sprinters will report to the starting line. (the glowing set of runes)
    • Casters will enter the infield where they will stay for the duration of the race.
    • Each team will wait for the official starting wall to drop before running or casting.
    • Casters will be limited to casting wall of stone, agility or dispel field.
    • Sprinters may use refresh potions and or food. There is no limit.
    • No footstools or other blocking items will be permitted in any race.
    • Multiple qualifying races will be run based on the amount of racers present.
    • The referee and Vlar in particular have the right to make anything up along the way if need be. Including byes or taking things to a video review.
    • Participants may freely change positions (runner, caster) during qualifying heats. ("Hey let me run this time!")
    • Normally 1st, 2nd and 3rd finishers qualify for a final race.
    • During qualifications each sprinter will notify the official with the name of their summoner and if you're awesome you'll dress alike.
    Awards:

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers (both teammates) will be awarded commemorative statues!

There may also be a gold prize purse depending on donations.

Check out video of our past sprints!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10600402/Summoners Sprints - Round 2.avi
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

this is SO FUN. Perhaps my top player run event. Come, guaranteed hilarity.
    Oni Neaufire and Vlar like this.
  3. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Oh man I'm gonna miss this one, love em though despite my unceremonious defeat last time.
  4. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'll have to miss this one, too. Have fun! Looking forward to the one after this!
  5. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TONIGHT SOON VERY SOON
    Xegugg likes this.
  6. Oni Neaufire

Oni Neaufire Well-Known Member

So sorry I was unable to attend.

I truly do enjoy participating.

Thanks Vlar for continuing to get this fun event organized.

Hope to be able to run in number Eleven.
    Vlar likes this.
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

10thSprints1.png
    Partially thanks to the premiere of the Walking Dead Sunday's turnout was quite a bit smaller than the previous week only a single massive race was run, no qualifying heats.

10thSprints2.png
    The runners and casters pose for a screenshot!
    wylwrk and Oni Neaufire like this.
  8. Arianna_Exodus

Arianna_Exodus Member

Did you have trophies for this event or just payouts? Just curious cause I do like trophies. :)