Revenge in Wrong

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Aragorn - OCT, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

Jasnah had rescued me. I hated it. We rode in silence until we reached Vesper, the guards saluting us both. By the time we reached the center of town, I couldn't stand it. I fumbled through a rune book, looking for somewhere else to be. Anywhere. Jasnah said something. I jerked the reins. Said things I'd regret.

Kal Ort Por.

I spent the next three weeks scouring the country side for word of the evil mages said to be infiltrating the land. On a Thursday morning I paid a visit to Kendrick the mage in Vesper. His information was worthless and I told him in so many words. I knew Jasnah would be out with her sparring friends, but would likely be about town soon. A dead end. I left, headed for a dungeon. Any dungeon.

Dunele seemed to feel the storming anger. We charged through the dungeon of Shame, foes laid aside like waves from a ship under full sail, his hooves striking as my music rang off the cavern walls. Second level, elementals dissipated. But, oh... what's this? A new tower near the underground lake? Someone was there... I jerked my book out of my pack, flipping through pages. Yes! There! The mages were here. But how many? It looked like three bored acolytes. I quickly took the bridge.

AragornOCT_11-26_12.33.jpg

They died quickly, and then, haha! Lord Xarot! He was surprised to see a bard at the threshold of his keep giving his cohorts such a thrashing. He tried to run after throwing a few weak punches. He fell quickly.

AragornOCT_11-26_12.46-1.jpg

AragornOCT_11-26_13.32.jpg

But, there were purportedly more leaders of the group. I killed mage after mage as they wandered out of the keep, waiting for the leaders. They all fell. Mage after mage until the bridge was littered with unwashed, blood soaked robes. Kwan Li the Lord of the Mists, Vermithrax, Lord Xarot. All dead. At last, victory was mine! I shook my harp in the air in triumph.

AragornOCT_11-26_12.54.jpg

I threw my head back and shouted, "Revenge is mine!". All the anger and frustration of failure, of Jasnah, of weeks on the trail. Finally. Success! But, as my voice echoed off the walls of the cavern I heard... horses?

AragornOCT_11-26_12.56.jpg

Who were these people who so swiftly rode through and killed me? Cohorts of the evil mage cult? No, for they were resurrecting my departed self.

AragornOCT_11-26_12.56-3.jpg

As I pulled my shirt over my head and put on my armor, my only thought was relief that Jasnah was not here to see this.
  2. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

Bah! Title should have been "Shame", not "Wrong".
    eherruh and Erza Scarlet like this.