Righting a wrong...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by frenulum, Apr 13, 2013.

1. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

My guys moved a vendor house (Yew Bank) and Mutumbo says he had not collected from his vendor since November, and lost 600k or 700k.

I am posting this for several reasons, the most important reason is to fix whatever I can fix and make things right. Also, I do not know if Mutumbo even plays anymore. I actually had not seen him around for a while, at least until a little while after this incident.

I talked it over with Telamon, and verified as much as I could, however, the 700k could not be verified.
    Telamon and I chatted for a little while, mainly to investigate things as we needed to make sure of what actually happened.
    He did verify a few things, not previously considered, needed to be corrected.

I asked my guys if they took the vendor bag with the money in it, but they said no. I was told they checked the vendor before dropping the house, and the vendor was empty (as it had been for a while). After the house was dropped, thinking the vendor bag would contain nothing but the useless vendor's clothes, they simply moved the bag out of the way and replaced the house.

So, why would I even bring this up...? Well, having intentions to have purposely done this would put me 100% in the wrong, and most likely I would not have posted anything... However, I am stuck with two sides (neither side actually being my side) of an odd situation, and neither side has given me any information that would be, technically, wrong. I do not know why Mut had not collected money from his vendors since November, but hey, who says he had to collect it at a specific date/time.

Being that I am caught in the middle, so to speak, I would like to make things as right as I can. This, of course, means that I am going to be out a big chunk of money for something I didn't even know about. Hopefully, Mutumbo, if you are still playing, you and I can work something out. I could put something together and get you 150k or possibly 200k, but I know it would not be the same as what you are asking for. Hopefully you could/would understand the pickle I am in here. I would not take the time to create this post if I actually thought one side was trying to "scam" the other.

Mutumbo had sent me a message in IRC a week or two ago, but we have not been online at the same time, so I have not had the chance to chat with him yet. My prego wife has a couple of months to go before even more of my time will be diverted from UOR. (I will still squeeze in a few hours here and there, even if it only to refresh...)

Basically, I wanted to make sure there was some sort of paper trail that shows that, "technically", I am responsible for an action that I would consider to be a scam, if someone were to do it to me.
    I figure if everyone knows what happened, there might be a better understanding and fewer rumors floating around out there.

-fren
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks for the post. But giving somebody like Mut (Dv/Jento type of a guy) gold due to an unsubstantiated claim, is not a good idea.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Substantiated or not, it was not your responsibility to handle the vendor or the gold/items therein.

Play the game, or lose things. That's the way the pixel decays.

I'm in a higher dick mood than normal lately, and my opinion is basically LOL. You're being too nice for giving enough of a crap to investigate.
    Mutombo never had much of a problem making money here. I'm sure he can do it again if someone buys his 2 million cloth or whatever.
    :)
    I do commend you for taking a stand on it, unless of course this is an elaborate plot to bag less than a mil from someone (ie: not even worth the drama).
  4. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

From my experience with Mutombo he has always been pretty trustworthy. There have been multiple occasions where each of us have lent/borrowed large sums of money from each other and always ended up even. I don't think he is the type of person to make something up about losing a sum of money, and to be honest I doubt he needs it.

But it is a lesson on keeping up with a vendor and knowing who you are sharing the space with if you plan on having large amounts on it.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I guess I didn't comment on that either. I would not suspect Mutombo of being dishonest in any regard.
  6. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

Thanks for the comments/advice. I really wanted to put everything out there and clear the air. I have already taken my stand and will do as I previously stated. Mut and I have been good since beta.

Mostly posted thread due to conflict of schedules, but looks like thread could benefit others too, at least as information goes.

Never really valued gold so much as to go to this length to acquire it, as those of you whom I have done business with probably already know. That does not mean I will just give it all away, but I could spare a bit, if it will make things better.

Well, the offer stands and I know I did what I could.
  7. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

I kinda hope some newb was the one who walked up on that bag of gold....the thought of that makes me happy.
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member

frenulum my friend, I too think you are taking way more responsability than you need for this situation.
    Now, I do understand someone not taking gold from their vendor(s) so as to build their own "bank" so to speak.
    But it is ludicrous to think that someone would leave hundreds of thousands on a vendor that was NOT on their own property.
    Mutumbo should have been more active with his group of business partners and would therefore have known of the pending house upgrade.
    Please frenulum, put this issue to rest in your mind. Nobody who knows you thinks you did anything wrong.
  10. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I agree what was said here. I dont think Mutombo would make up a story for gold and it is his responsibility to claim it. Sucks it happened but you're not responsible Fren. I like thought of a new player finding it. :D

(nice tag SirLanceAlittle)