Rise of the Death Knight

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Baerron Jael, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Baerron Jael

Baerron Jael Well-Known Member

"Where is my box?" The voice came disembodied and rattled around Richard's head. The location of the box that Jupiter of Paws had sent to Yew on a Caravan had since dropped out of knowing. "Jupiter knows where the box is... And he will tell us, whether he knows it or not."

Several messages were left at Paws. Richard wondered at the veneer of restraint the daemon Baerron Jael showed. The daemon had little trouble killing for what it wanted. Why play these games with the Wizard? Richard closed his eyes, the red hell thrumming behind his eyelids. Dried blood made the eyelids stick together and require force to re-open.

Something was on the wind. A scent of someone. Richard's skull pulsed with pain as the daemon oriented itself. There was someone in the Spiritwood... No, further past that, but they smelled like the Spiritwood...

Richard clawed at his face before entering the house the daemon determined to be the proper one. This person, this woman, was connected to Jupiter somehow and the daemon could smell it. There is more than one way to make a Wizard talk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Richard deftly plunged the dull dagger into the woman's body and began removing her organs before dismembering the limbs. The blood coated his hands and ragged clothes, but he no longer felt disgusted as he once did. The blood was like warm water trickling down his skin. Somewhere deep in the back of his mind the daemon chuckled. Now, to send the message to the Wizard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two days later...

The daemon could smell him. Jupiter was at the Shrine of Spirituality. He got the message, there was little doubt, and he was not alone.

Richard's sunken eyes peered at the Wizard and his companion. The daemon posed his ultimatum: give the box or more death shall follow. Jupiter conjured forth the very essence of the Spiritwood, a fiery defender of Paws. Richard yanked one of his own fingernails off, a grotesque demon emerged from a drop of black, oily blood that landed upon the ground of Spirituality. Baerron Jael was amused by the battle of ideals and metaphors as the demon and fire spirit clawed at each other.

[​IMG]

However, before the battle ended, Jupiter disappeared from the engagement, leaving behind the man known as Dun Scaith.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the death of Dun Scaith, Richard retreated to a safe distance. He was certain he was out of sight and detection of the area, but his unnaturally keen ears could still hear. Baerron Jael's gambit would pay off, Richard knew.

[​IMG]

"Wizards are too clever for their own good, and it will always be their folly... now, take what is yours!"

Richard closed his eyes and the blood behind his eyes felt as if it was on fire. He raked his blackened fingers across his face to try and relieve the burning. At once, he opened his eyes and found himself standing in Project Sanctuary City.

"Yes! There... THERE!" The daemon delighted as he smelled the box. Atop the Tower of Adventure was indeed the box he sought. Inside were body parts, but only one in particular was of interest.

[​IMG]

Doctor Satan of the Shatterbane Council of Project Sanctuary confronted Richard. It was of no consequence, he posed little threat to Baerron Jael and the daemon had what he wanted. Richard once more closed his yes and the fire ants returned to burrow into his skull through his eye sockets. He jammed his thumbs into his eyes as hard as possible. When he removed them he found that he was no longer standing in Project Sanctuary City.

In a small pit somewhere dark, several pairs of glowing eyes watched. Richard thrust his dull dagger into the heart he procured from the box.

[​IMG]

A sudden surge of energy tore through his body. Richard vomited clotted blood into his hands as the wave of putrid nausea sunk into him.

"We bring forth Lord Soth..." the voice of the daemon echoed in the back of his skull.

[​IMG]

"And the command of the dead comes with him."
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story has been added to the oral history of Paws; and I'm rather certain it is far from concluded...

MEMORIZED!​
  3. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Great post!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

In a trance a spirit spoke with me

He asked of me to reason,
    "Against the darkness,
    along with man,
    With all their wars,
    with all their theft,
    with all their sin,
    why do you stand?"

Cogent, I replied
    "My dear ghost
    by this same measure
    of the actions of but a few
    would you extend to all humanity
    All the grace
    All the love
    All the honor
    of but a few?"

"No" was the brief and logical reply

Then said I,
    "It is for this reason that I stand.
    For mankind is neither all evil, nor all good
    All men do not murder,
    Not all men possess grace,
    All men do not steal,
    Not all men embrace love
    All men are not evil
    Not all men seek honor in life,
    but the miracle is that within each man
    and at anytime of their choosing,
    They have the potential to so completely become - evil or light.

Until such time that each man, woman, and child, has chosen in their hearts
    to extinguish the light, I shall stand and raise my beacon high."

Another brief pause, and the ghost replied
    "And the darkness knows this, and that is why it will not rest until you are extinguished.
    The Death Knight is summoned, therefore be warned, Light Bearer, he this way comes."

[​IMG]
  5. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

Enna slain...and her body parts delivered to the village...

Few things can rouse Ragar from his easy life in Paws but this is one thing that he cannot let pass.

Time to sharpen the blade and shine up the armor...

Gather your undead minions closely...you are going to need them.
  6. Dun Scaith

Dun Scaith Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the mercy of the Sapphire maiden.. *winces at the mark left on him by Jael..* all would be lost..
    Jupiter likes this.